Changing the Game
At HELIX, we are harnessing technology to change what is possible. Our solutions are in closed beta and available only to a very small, select group of the most admired companies in the world. If you are interested in applying AI, CV, LIDAR and robotics to the built environment send us a note.
As a Reality Capture Specialist you are a member of the Customer Success/Reality Capture team who use advanced technology to rapidly produce digital models of existing buildings. A motivated individual can graduate from this role to a team leader, management or engineering role.
What We Value
- Fundamental understanding of how buildings are constructed
- Comfort and experience with 3d modeling software including open-source tools
- Willingness to follow and ultimately to develop process protocols
- Very strong planning skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and work well with a team
- Real-time problem solving skills related to experimental technologies
(high tolerance for the unexpected)
As a Reality Capture Specialist you will be a member of the Building Data Solutions team in our London office. Your responsibilities will include:
- Planning and preparing for building scans
- Scanning, measuring and photographing buildings in UK and Europe
- Processing data using 3D modeling and photo processing tools
- Working with local engineering and remote teams to automate the data processing pipeline
- Participating in engineering and product planning
- Interfacing with clients and offshore teams to ensure product quality
- 4 year undergraduate degree from accredited university
- Practical experience in architecture, civil/mechanical engineering or construction
- Significant experience with 3D modeling software including Revit, Rhino and Sketchup
- High level of comfort with complex, visual design software
- Programming experience
The Reality Capture Specialist position requires lifting and carrying moderately heavy equipment (<20lbs), climbing ladders and occasionally scanning crawl spaces and enclosed ceilings. Commercial building scans can start at 6AM and occasionally require weekend work. This is a full-time (40hrs) position and offers typical tech-company benefits.
HELIX is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see https://www.eoc.org.uk/
for additional information.