How you will help
You’ll manage everything from client integrations and ingestion up to making all data available in the warehouse layer, in normalized form, and ready to use. You’ll be responsible for developing the strategy and design of our data warehousing function and common data model structure. You’ll define data architecture standards, and data warehouse policies and procedures. Peer review of solutions and implementations is expected. You will play an integral part in building the foundation of everything to come.
What you will do
- Manage, develop and lead our data architecture and ingestion teams
- Direct our client engagement process, both with requirements gathering, and high-level support
- Design, develop, deploy, and manage a reliable and highly scaleable data pipeline and process
- Develop company standards in terms of nomenclature, storage, design and deployments
- Perform troubleshooting on all ETL processes and resolve issues effectively
- Develop and maintain various database scripts and tools to facilitate automation process
- Provide support to all data warehouse initiatives
- Develop Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) scripts to move data from unstructured to a common data model
- Build a QA Automation framework that provides real time alerts on data ingestion, drop rate, data processing
- Implement systems for tracking data quality and consistency
- You have a strong ability to build consensus and influence others
- You have worked extensively with EMR, EHR, claims, and pharmacy data and are fluent in healthcare IT standards
- You are very comfortable on a Linux command line
- SQL, you know it, write smart queries, it’s no big deal
- You are data driven, testing and measuring as much as you can
Desired skills and experience
- 5+ years of hands-on SQL & Linux experience
- 5+ years of experience in database and data warehousing
- 5+ years of experience with ETL of EMR, EHR, claims, and pharmacy data
- Knowledge of data matching, data de-identification
- Understanding of healthcare IT standards such as HL7 HQMF, HL7 CDA-based standards, and FHIR
HealthVerity, headquartered in Philadelphia, is a venture-backed startup leveraging state-of-the-art technologies to empower healthcare organizations to discover, license and link traditional and emerging data for advanced analytics. By applying modern solutions to longstanding problems, we see a significant opportunity to improve the way our clients engage with patients. This is a unique opportunity to join an experienced and entrepreneurial management team to address a large unmet need and build the industry’s most flexible and scaleable cloud platform for large-scale healthcare data.
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer.
Our company challenges
- Empowering clients with highly rewarding data discovery and licensing tools
- Ingesting and managing billions of healthcare records from a wide variety of partners
- Standardizing on common data models across data types
- Orchestrating an industry-leading HIPAA privacy layer
- Innovating our proprietary de-identification and data science algorithms
- Building a culture that supports rapid iteration and new possibilities
The infrastructure and culture we are building will provide an environment that cultivates innovation. We want to move fast knowing we can fix anything we break along the way. If a new need arises, we want to turn around a solution quickly. We want to solve our challenges in ways that create even more possibilities. We’re creating a platform that lets us discover what else we might do.
We have big plans
We are building a platform that will scale to support an ever-growing array of data providers and innovative products. You must be able to think big while still delivering on near-term requirements.