HealthVerity, based in Center City Philadelphia, is a high-growth, venture-backed company that is transforming the way data-led organizations make critical decisions. Our technology platform serves as the foundation for the rapid creation, exchange, and management of healthcare, and consumer data in a fully-interoperable, privacy-protecting manner. Advantaged by highly sophisticated identity resolution and matching capabilities, HealthVerity is on a mission to increase transparency, forge interoperability and activate deeper insights.
To date, HealthVerity has successfully executed an evangelical sales model during the early phase of the adoption curve, selling projects with transaction values ranging from $20K to well over $1M with sales cycles lasting a few weeks to 6-9 months. The incoming SVP, Sales will concentrate HealthVerity’s commercial efforts on building / expanding relationships with an array of relevant pharma and pharma services client stakeholders (across Brand, Commercial Analytics, Clinical Ops, Market Access or RWE / HEOR disciplines) within priority accounts to aggressively transition these projects into ongoing engagements and more meaningful
How you will help
The SVP, Sales will be expected to drive sales excellence and topline revenue growth by instilling best practices and operational rigor across the entire sales process spanning prospect identification and acquisition, pipeline forecasting, account planning, deal qualification and sales cycle management. He/she will be responsible for successfully managing and engaging the team in relationship building and solution selling efforts featuring compelling value propositions based on ROI cost/benefit analysis. The SVP, Sales will drive conversion of opportunities into realized revenue and leverage his/her strong C-suite connections and relationships to accelerate growth.
What you will do
- Build a world-class sales team by recruiting, managing, motivating and retaining a mix of experienced sales professionals and up-and-coming sales talent
- Accelerate topline revenue growth through HealthVerity’s solutions, connecting client business objectives with the organization’s offerings and capabilities
- Drive quota attainment from both new logos and existing accounts, owning responsibility for a channel strategy that includes both a personal book of business as well as oversight for team member performance; ensure adoption of sales process, sales planning and pipeline coverage models
- Apply both strategic go-to-market models and more tactical approaches aimed at growing the customer and revenue base
- Proactively develop and create territory plans and quota assignments for specific market segments, and help the sales team both frame the right questions to the relevant stakeholders and provide succinct answers to advance each opportunity
- Develop and oversee expansion of sales efforts to emerging markets for HealthVerity
- SaaS and data products, including payers, provider organizations, and other healthcare entities
- Work with executive team to set and review both quarterly and annual goals and objectives for sales team members, and then monitor and report key metrics to leadership
Desired skills and experience
- Experience in selling or managing sales of data or SaaS to pharmaceutical/life sciences companies, addressing industry pain points and related value drivers, and possessing the ability to link corporate strategic goals to customer facing solutions
- Experience in building and managing a top-performing sales team
- 10+ years of previous experience in client facing sales executive/sales management roles with demonstrated ability to make effective business cases to prospective buyers and skills in defining/instilling best practices
- Proven ability to build a personal book of business while concurrently managing sales quota attainment across resources selling high value, enterprise level solutions
- Comfortable speaking with C-suite about financial metrics, calculations, and assumptions in business case construction and capable of effectively interacting and delivering solutions to an executive audience
- Team player who works collaboratively with colleagues, management and staff across all levels of a cohesive organization
The ideal candidate must be passionate about being in the trenches, out in the market, talking to clients and closing business, but furthermore will possess the relevant market domain knowledge and client access across the entire industry buying cycle spanning drug development to post-commercialization.
The incoming SVP, Sales will likely have a background growing topline revenue and experience in cultivating seven and eight figure value enterprise relationships. Recognized as an experienced sales leader with the ability to galvanize a team, this individual has experience in attracting, training, and managing top sales talent, and has implemented innovative and effective sales processes that led to significant (75-100%+) growth levels within an emerging business setting. Possessing a hands-on, lead-from-the-front style as well as passion for success, the ideal candidate can quickly assimilate into their new surroundings, assess the team, capabilities and overall strategy, and immediately drive positive change. He/she will author HealthVerity’s go-to-market plan and drive sales execution, establish stronger client beachheads, focus on the right targets and then aggressively land and expand, radiating within buyers to develop additional buyers across other therapeutic areas, etc.
Drive for Results – Relentless in the pursuit of a few key goals; seeks out quantitative comparison, both of past performance and against peer groups (internal and external benchmarks); shows a consistent pattern of results delivery in good and negative selling environments
Domain Expertise – Distributes and tests on market knowledge; ensures that team becomes students of the industry; helps team understand changing marketplace conditions and new product; ensures leading edge terminology is learned; provides messaging to all audience types
Resourcefulness – Goes the extra ‘mile’ to solve a problem; finds/coopts resources to address a challenge that others do not even consider; not stymied by the lack of formal resources in conducting a sales campaign against competitor with more corporate support
Opportunity Management – Manages pipeline; inspects opportunities; accelerates campaigns; demonstrates deal ingenuity; provides deal-based ideas
Strategic Skills – Uses methodologies to spot and exploit opportunities in account positioning; manages individual goals that correspond to a territory view; understands and adopts corporate strategic goals; conducts executive-level discussions with senior staff at assigned accounts; produces a strategic territory plan; articulates customer value proposition and links solutions to the customer strategy
Managerial Courage – Thrives in a management environment where autonomy is valued; able to make decisions and set priorities without intense oversight; can work alone without any loss in productivity; understands and agrees to the need for accountability; is willing to take bold stands on occasion and can defend them with facts / empirical data
Strategic Agility – Develops a strategic approach to managing the territory; understands and adopts corporate strategic goals; conducts business conversations with account executives based on their strategic goals and maps solutions to address them; develops specific tactics to implement internal corporate sales strategy; translates customer strategic goals into compelling solutions that can be delivered
Bachelor’s Degree required
A competitive base, bonus and equity package will be provided to the chosen candidate
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer.