How you will help
Working with our product and data science teams, you will act as the Healthcare data SME while engaging with data suppliers to understand the technical and operational challenges of their data models, data collection processes and data remittance. You will help with the data ingestion and onboarding of key supplier data and for comprehensive ingestion and staging of this data for team. Our team will also rely on you for your expertise with healthcare data and your strong SQL skills.
What you will do
- Analyze all vendor data assets and correct complex data anomalies
- Provide guidance and support during the vendor onboarding process which includes data ingestion, normalization, and QC activities
- Provide expertise on all healthcare data types: medical claims transactions (e.g. 837 and 835), pharmacy claims (NCPDP D.0), EMR/EHR, lab transactions, and other emerging data assets
- Source and oversee the lifecycle of reference data sources specified by the Data Architecture team.
- Support Data Architect in the mapping and normalization process, providing expertise and authority within the team on accurate meanings in source data.
- A data geek with enviable SQL skills and a passionate sense of ownership
- A self-starter who enjoys working in a small, rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- Confident enough to course correct a process or team when required
- Methodical, executing through several approaches to determine the best fit
- Energized by learning even if outside the scope of day-to-day responsibilities
- Comfortable working on several different tasks throughout your workday
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS degree in math, statistics, or similar
- 4+ years’ experience in the healthcare data industry, preferably in a consulting environment
- Proficient in programming against large data assets with a working knowledge of SQL, preferably also knowledgeable in SAS and/or R
- Subject matter expertise in a wide variety of healthcare data assets
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and analytics utilized by pharmaceutical marketing teams
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
HealthVerity, based in Center City Philadelphia, is a venture-backed technology company that is transforming the way data-led organizations make critical decisions. Our technology platform serves as the foundation for the rapid creation, exchange and management of healthcare and consumer data in a fully-interoperable, privacy-protecting manner. Advantaged by highly sophisticated identity resolution and matching capabilities, HealthVerity is on a mission to increase transparency, forge interoperability and activate deeper insights.
Our company challenges
- Empowering clients with highly rewarding data discovery and licensing tools
- Ingesting and managing billions of healthcare records from a wide variety of partners
- Standardizing on common data models across data types
- Orchestrating an industry-leading HIPAA privacy layer
- Innovating our proprietary de-identification and data science algorithms
- Building a culture that supports rapid iteration and new possibilities
The infrastructure and culture we are building will provide an environment that cultivates innovation. We want to move fast knowing we can fix anything we break along the way. If a new need arises, we want to turn around a solution quickly. We want to solve our challenges in ways that create even more possibilities. We’re creating a platform that lets us discover what else we might do.
We have big plans
We are building a platform that will scale to support an ever-growing array of data providers and innovative products. You must be able to think big while still delivering on near-term requirements.
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer.