How you will help
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Sales Director, Payer Partnerships, is responsible for leading all SaaS and data ecosystem relationships with Healthcare Payer, Life Insurance and Disability clients. The business is comprised of a diverse portfolio of technology and data offerings that strongly appeal to top 20 insurance organizations. The ideal candidate has well-established industry relationships within the Insurance industry, an analytical mindset with an awareness of key marketplace trends, as well as a proven track record of landing and expanding within key accounts.
You will be personally responsible for driving HealthVerity’s growth with Insurance clients and the key analytics firms that serve them by working with targeted organizations across all stages of the sales process in order to exceed sales and revenue targets. You will proactively work with executives at prospective customers to understand their business objectives and align our technology with their needs, and with technology partners to provide business solutions.
The role includes developing and implementing a sales strategy for targeted accounts which are typically Healthcare Payers, Life Insurance and Disability companies who need to enhance risk management, population health and member discovery activities. Your responsibilities will include prioritizing efforts, prospecting, qualifying, moving opportunities through the pipeline, negotiating and closing.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the key information gaps affecting Insurance decision making and how HealthVerity can deliver innovative, market-leading solutions. In addition, the ideal candidate will have pre-developed quality relationships within this community.
What you will do
- Build relationships across lines of business within Insurance clients to expand existing engagements, identify key opportunities and prove the value of HealthVerity solutions across multiple use cases.
- Develop customer segment market entry plans that establish clear priorities, objectives, strategies and tactics that are actionable and align with the unique requirements of each segment with a primary focus on the top 10 customers in each market segment.
- Own existing key accounts in partnership with the COO, driving deals through all stages in a complex, consultative, solutions type long-term sales cycle.
- Manage our Salesforce process for qualifying leads, managing pipeline, and serving as the key point of contact for prospects as they enter our pipeline.
- Enable key points of entry for specific product and solution offerings, including both de-identified and identified (with consent) data solutions depending on business requirements.
- Spearhead cross-functional due diligence, partnering with many internal teams including Product, Engineering, Operations, and Client Services to build compelling client solutions.
- Manage contract negotiations, partnering with our legal and leadership teams.
- Represent HealthVerity at industry events and conferences.
- Travel up to 50% will be required.
- Focus: Able to self-motivate and drive performance by balancing efforts across the sales continuum in order to exceed sales targets.
- Planning and Organization: Able to establish and execute a course of action to accomplish specific short- and long-term goals, to plan appropriate allocation of resources and time, and to approach all responsibilities in an organized manner.
- Work Excellence: Possesses an acute sense of responsibility; sets high goals and standards of performance for self and team members. Attentive to detail.
- Judgment: Develop alternative courses of action and makes decisions which are based on data, logical assumptions and other available information as well business experience.
- Initiative: Actively influence events to achieve goals. Takes action beyond what is called for; generates and/or recognizes imaginative, creative solutions.
- Adaptable: Able to be effective in many situations and to develop and accept new methods of doing things. Able to react quickly and to successfully implement changes as needed.
- Curious: Inquisitive with a thirst for knowledge and desire to learn about the market and all aspects of the business.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of successful experience in a technology sell to role with insurance and/or healthcare, with a demonstrated track record of achieving or exceeding business objectives and sales targets in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Knowledge of healthcare or insurance information systems and business management.
- Demonstrated ability to engage executive-level decision makers and leadership in issue-oriented discussions which drive demand for HealthVerity solutions.
- Sales acumen and creativity to adapt messaging and sales strategies for a range of clients from large Enterprises across Insurance segment.
- Proven experience with networking, communicating and selling into Insurance organizations for software, SaaS or data opportunities.
- Success driving multi-stakeholder sales processes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Consulting experience is a plus.
- MBA or equivalent is a plus.
HealthVerity, based in Center City Philadelphia, is a venture-backed technology company that is transforming the way data-led organizations make critical decisions. Our technology platform serves as the foundation for the rapid creation, exchange and management of healthcare and consumer data in a fully-interoperable, privacy-protecting manner. Advantaged by highly sophisticated identity resolution and matching capabilities, HealthVerity is on a mission to increase transparency, forge interoperability and activate deeper insights.
Our company challenges
- Empowering clients with highly rewarding data discovery and licensing tools
- Ingesting and managing billions of healthcare records from a wide variety of partners
- Standardizing on common data models across data types
- Orchestrating an industry-leading HIPAA privacy layer
- Innovating our proprietary de-identification and data science algorithms
- Building a culture that supports rapid iteration and new possibilities
The infrastructure and culture we are building will provide an environment that cultivates innovation. We want to move fast knowing we can fix anything we break along the way. If a new need arises, we want to turn around a solution quickly. We want to solve our challenges in ways that create even more possibilities. We’re creating a platform that lets us discover what else we might do.
We have big plans
We are building a platform that will scale to support an ever-growing array of data providers and innovative products. You must be able to think big while still delivering on near-term requirements.
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer.