What you will do
- Evaluate and integrate cloud services and tools
- Design, deployment and maintenance of multiple AWS environments
- Automation of build, deployment and testing of internal tools, typically using python or shell
- Troubleshooting and performance monitoring of applications, databases, data processing servers and associated storage systems
- Network analysis and architecture design with a mind toward maintainability, scalability, and security in an AWS environment
- Work with the engineering team to develop robust and scalable platforms and workflows for new analytics processes
- Develop, document, and implement migration plans for continuous improvement of existing products and services
- Automate log collection, storage, and analysis
- Implement and maintain organizational security policies
- You make security a priority in everything you do
- You are data-driven; testing and measuring every step
- You are an expert at monitoring and measuring systems and identifying bottlenecks
- You automate everything
- You leverage concepts such as impermanence to build highly reliable infrastructure
- You are comfortable using distributed version control like Git.
Desired skills and experience
- Expert level Linux system administration skills
- Experience supporting scalable applications on distributed architectures, storing large data sets and supporting analytics
- Management and scaling of traditional RDBMS and/or NoSQL
- Deployment of cloud based infrastructures such as AWS, Rackspace, Joyent, etc as well as on your own iron
- Hands on experience with Chef or Puppet as well as containers such as Docker
- Experience with large scale data management and processing systems such as Hadoop, Cassandra, Redis, Spark, Riak
- 3+ years of IT and business/industry work experience
- Added bonus: understanding of Healthcare IT standards such as HL7 HQMF, HL7 CDA-based standards, EMR and FHIR
How you will help
Along with other cloud engineers, you'll be working alongside our product and development teams, and own and be responsible for architecting and implementing scalable solutions that offer our customers new insights on their own businesses. You’ll use the best tools for the job -whether modern and revolutionary or time tested and proven- to deliver elegant, scalable solutions that meet business and technical needs. Your team will support you and you the same. Peer review of solutions and implementations is expected. You will play an integral part in building the foundation of HealthVerity’s future.
HealthVerity, based in Center City Philadelphia, is a venture-backed technology company that is transforming the way data-led organizations make critical decisions. Our technology platform serves as the foundation for the rapid creation, exchange and management of healthcare and consumer data in a fully-interoperable, privacy-protecting manner. Advantaged by highly sophisticated identity resolution and matching capabilities, HealthVerity is on a mission to increase transparency, forge interoperability and activate deeper insights.
Our company challenges
- Empowering clients with highly rewarding data discovery and licensing tools
- Ingesting and managing billions of healthcare records from a wide variety of partners
- Standardizing on common data models across data types
- Orchestrating an industry-leading HIPAA privacy layer
- Innovating our proprietary de-identification and data science algorithms
- Building a culture that supports rapid iteration and new possibilities
The infrastructure and culture we are building will provide an environment that cultivates innovation. We want to move fast knowing we can fix anything we break along the way. If a new need arises, we want to turn around a solution quickly. We want to solve our challenges in ways that create even more possibilities. We’re creating a platform that lets us discover what else we might do.
We have big plans
We are building a platform that will scale to support an ever-growing array of data providers and innovative products. You must be able to think big while still delivering on near-term requirements.
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer.