How you will help
You'll ensure that our clients have the highest quality of data to make their everyday decisions. As a Data Quality Engineer, it will be your responsibility to troubleshoot and resolve complex data quality issues. Our team will also rely on you for your expertise with healthcare data and your strong SQL skills.
What you will do
- Analyze all vendor data assets and correct complex data anomalies
- Provide guidance and support during the vendor onboarding process which includes data ingestion, normalization, and QC activities
- Provide expertise on all healthcare data types: medical claims transactions (e.g. 837 and 835), pharmacy claims (NCPDP D.0), EMR/EHR, lab transactions, and other emerging data assets
- Provide Quality Assurance for new Data Source mapping and normalization SQL produced by Data Architect.
- Develop repeatable testing routines to expedite QA that can also be used to closely monitor the recurring ingestion for ongoing QC.
- Develops and maintains trend analysis for the longer term, historical quality control.
- Perform analytics against healthcare data using SQL based programming tools
You are …
- A data geek with enviable SQL skills and a passionate sense of ownership
- A self-starter who enjoys working in a small, rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- Confident enough to course correct a process or team when required
- Methodical, executing through several approaches to determine the best fit
- Energized by learning even if outside the scope of day-to-day responsibilities
- Comfortable working on several different tasks throughout your workday
Desired skills and experience
- BS degree in math, statistics, or similar
- 4+ years’ experience in the healthcare data industry, preferably in a consulting environment
- Proficient in programming against large data assets with a working knowledge of SQL, preferably also knowledgeable in SAS and/or R
- Ability to gather requirements, test strategies, design deliverables
- Subject matter expertise in a wide variety of healthcare data assets
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and analytics utilized by pharmaceutical marketing teams
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Skilled teaching and instruction capability
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
HealthVerity, based in Center City Philadelphia, is a venture-backed technology company that is transforming the way data-led organizations make critical decisions. Our technology platform serves as the foundation for the rapid creation, exchange, and management of healthcare and consumer data in a fully-interoperable, privacy-protecting manner. Advantaged by highly sophisticated identity resolution and matching capabilities, HealthVerity is on a mission to increase transparency, forge interoperability and activate deeper insights.
Our company challenges
- Empowering clients with highly rewarding data discovery and licensing tools
- Ingesting and managing billions of healthcare records from a wide variety of partners
- Standardizing on common data models across data types
- Orchestrating an industry-leading HIPAA privacy layer
- Innovating our proprietary de-identification and data science algorithms
- Building a culture that supports rapid iteration and new possibilities
The infrastructure and culture we are building will provide an environment that cultivates innovation. We want to move fast knowing we can fix anything we break along the way. If a new need arises, we want to turn around a solution quickly. We want to solve our challenges in ways that create even more possibilities. We’re creating a platform that lets us discover what else we might do.
We have big plans
We are building a platform that will scale to support an ever-growing array of data providers and innovative products. You must be able to think big while still delivering on near-term requirements.
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer.