How you will help
As a Sales Engineer, you will be focused on recommending our technology solutions to our life science customers. You will join our growing Sales team and be responsible for identifying customer goals and aligning HealthVerity’s unique capabilities and technological solutions against those needs. You will partner with our Sales Directors (and, in existing key accounts, our Customer Success Directors) as the technology solution expert by deftly explaining our solutions to our clients. Your internal and external customers will seek out your expertise; you will ensure that we submit accurate and detailed specifications to our internal production teams. You have a deep understanding of the SaaS technology space, particularly around selling technology to the spectrum of potential users within pharmaceutical companies. You will leverage your expertise to ensure that the technical solutions our potential customers are seeking best match the business challenges they are trying to solve. You will be more than a technology expert: you will be an expert in deftly fielding technology questions that arise from the field and positioning our solutions appropriately.
What you will do
- Position yourself as a healthcare technology subject matter expert, a key conduit between HealthVerity and your customers (both existing and prospects)
- Consult with clients to understand and document business and technical requirements, then appropriately position HealthVerity solutions to meet their needs
- Partner closely with Sales and Customer Success Directors to address (and overcome) any technical challenges that arise during deal discussions
- Address key technical issues that arise from existing customers: de-escalating 70% of them, solving 25% of them, and working w/engineering in the rare instance where something legitimately impacts our product (or roadmap)
- Working with internal sales and project management teams, prepare technical aspects of key demos, client presentations, RFIs, RFPs, and related sales activities
- Confidently and credibly present technology solutions, product presentations, technical discussions/due diligence, and client training
- Internally coordinate with sales and delivery teams including follow up activities, obtain pricing estimates, draft contracts, and review project status
- Internally coordinate with delivery teams including project kick-off, transfer of knowledge and project specifications
- Have strong experience working with healthcare technology including SaaS solutions
- Have the rare combination of technical, customer-facing and internal facing communication skills
- Are excellent at writing, communicating, and presenting complex concepts to audiences with a broad variety of backgrounds
- Are excellent at recognizing when pre-existing customer expectations are misaligned, and assisting customers in realizing the right technical solution for their problem.
- Have the technical and strategic skills to understand product specs from engineering, communicate them to customers, and complete the feedback loop by bringing appropriate customer feedback to engineering;
- Are a self-starter who enjoys working in a small, rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- Are able to operate effectively in a white-space, concept-driven environment; methodically executing through several approaches to determine the best fit
- Are energized by learning even if outside the scope of day-to-day responsibilities
- Are comfortable working on several different tasks throughout your workday
- Are passionate about helping to transform the way data-led healthcare organizations make critical decisions when trying to connect patient data across several different sources
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of a proven track record in the field, positioning complex technology solutions that leverage healthcare information, analytics, or SaaS technology to life science companies
- 2+ years of experience with the commercial pharmaceutical SaaS environment and a working understanding of how and why different types of healthcare data are created
- Proven experience with successfully engaging senior-level people in discussions about software, technology, data or advanced analytics in a language they understand
- Proven experience working alongside sales teams (to assist in positioning technology during a sale) and engineering teams (to ensure strong products: customer feedback loop);
- Up to 20% overnight travel
HealthVerity, based in Center City Philadelphia, is a venture-backed technology company that is transforming the way data-led organizations make critical decisions. Our technology platform serves as the foundation for the rapid creation, exchange and management of healthcare and consumer data in a fully-interoperable, privacy-protecting manner. Advantaged by highly sophisticated identity resolution and matching capabilities, HealthVerity is on a mission to increase transparency, forge interoperability and activate deeper insights.
Our company challenges
- Empowering clients with highly rewarding data discovery and licensing tools
- Ingesting and managing billions of healthcare records from a wide variety of partners
- Standardizing on common data models across data types
- Orchestrating an industry-leading HIPAA privacy layer
- Innovating our proprietary de-identification and data science algorithms
- Building a culture that supports rapid iteration and new possibilities
The infrastructure and culture we are building will provide an environment that cultivates innovation. We want to move fast knowing we can fix anything we break along the way. If a new need arises, we want to turn around a solution quickly. We want to solve our challenges in ways that create even more possibilities. We’re creating a platform that lets us discover what else we might do.
We have big plans
We’ve built a platform that will scale to support an ever-growing array of data providers and innovative products and services. You must be able to think big while still delivering on near-term requirements.
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer.