We are the Fastest Growing Life Insurance Company. Are You Ready to Join The Movement?
Health IQ is the fastest growing Life Insurance Company in the US. In the last few years, we’ve gone from 0 to $24B in coverage, 0 to 230 employees, 0 to $139MM in venture capital raised. Why is our product selling so fast? We have a data advantage. Health IQ spent 6+ years gathering the science and the proprietary data from our popular Health IQ test (taken 10.2 million times) to convince insurance carriers to give lower rates on life insurance for vegans, marathoners, triathletes, well-controlled diabetics, yogis, Crossfitters, and more. These special rates are exclusive to us saving consumers thousands of dollars each and rewarding them for living a healthy lifestyle.
Hyper growth means hyper opportunity for employees! While many companies hire managers externally or use a tenure system, we pride ourselves on our cultural value of meritocracy. This means that as we grow and new positions are created, we look to promote our top performers from within. In fact, today over 80%
of our managers are promoted from internal roles.
WE ARE SEEKING A COMPLIANCE MANAGER TO JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM!
What will you be doing?
- As Compliance Manager, you’ll report to the Director of Legal Affairs and help oversee the regulatory compliance of our sales agents and operations personnel, particularly as it relates to the sale of Medicare Supplement insurance
- You’ll help ensure the company complies with HIPAA regulations
- You’ll generate policies regarding what agents can and cannot say to customers, Medicare Supplement marketing, and other Medicare Supplement compliance issues
- You’ll be deeply involved in enhancing our existing compliance program, helping ensure that we continue to grow safely
- You’ll closely monitor new compliance developments that may affect our operations
- Along with our training department, you’ll work closely with our sales and ops teams to improve compliance through training and feedback when necessary
- You’ll be involved with enhancing our existing disciplinary measures to ensure our sales agents and ops teams are compliant, using both carrots and sticks
- Although we have a vendor that reviews and scores calls, you’ll also sometimes need to review calls for quality assurance and compliance issues
- You’ll help develop key compliance metrics that we’ll use to evaluate and quantify the performance of our sales and operations personnel
- You’ll also help with enhancing our privacy compliance processes, making sure that we continue to develop compliant processes to ensure the confidentiality of our customers’ data
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of experience working in compliance, with a strong preference for call center and Medicare insurance sales experience
- Experience with HIPAA compliance
- You’re highly detail-oriented
- You have a stiff spine and are able to hold your ground when needed
- Comfort with ambiguity with an ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex, growth-oriented and dynamic environment
- You must be comfortable with disciplining personnel when needed, but also developing working relationships with them.
- A competitive spirit. You enjoy being a team player but also value being the best
- Unrelenting desire to improve professionally and personally
- A positive team-player
Join the Health Conscious Workplace of the Future
To make the world a healthier place, we started in our own backyard. We created a health-conscious environment that allows each of our employees to reach their own personal health goals. Below are a few of the employee-led programs that make working at Health IQ truly unique.
1. Personalized Lunch Program
A healthy diet is never one-size-fits-all. That’s why every person at Health IQ gets to order their own custom-built lunch every day. That way, whether you’re vegan, low-carb, dairy-free, or just craving salmon, you can customize the perfect lunch for your unique dietary needs.
2. Nutritionally Supportive Environment
Anyone who has tried to stay healthy knows it’s hard to stick to your particular nutritional goals throughout the day with soda, chips, and sugary treats all around you. So we provide our employees with quality food and snack options, like a limitless supply of organic nuts, fruits, and veggies instead.
3. Optional Fitness Time
Instead of the usual ping pong table, we’ve dedicated space for our employees to enjoy yoga, spin bikes, exercise equipment, and other wellness activities. Everyone gets 30 minutes each day to focus on their health – whether it’s time for a walk, using the exercise equipment, or daily meditation.
4. Casual Office Attire
Ever dream of coming to work in your casual fitness attire? Well, that's how we roll at Health IQ! Be comfortable and let your fitness fashion shine!
5. Like-Minded Coworkers
At the end of the day, we are a business-minded insurance company and we use analytics to measure our success and drive our business. Coming to work and working hard however is much more fun when you are surrounded by like-minded people who are motivated by the same personal goals as you. Our employees are making friends that will last a lifetime.
6. Motivate and Compete
Many of our employees are current or former athletes who are competitive and like to win. They motivate each other to do their personal best every day, and together we win as a team and as a company!
7. Excellent benefits
We pay 100% of our employees' costs toward medical, dental and vision insurance.
Join our team!
Is this Startup Going to Make It?
We think so. Our CEO Munjal Shah sold his first company, Andale, to Alibaba for over $50MM, and his last company, Like.com, to Google for over $120MM. He has been a board member or advisor to over $1B worth of startup exits to companies like Apple, Amazon, LinkedIn, etc. Past performance may not always guarantee future results, but we like our odds.