We are the Fastest Growing Life Insurance Company. Are You Ready to Join The Movement?
Health IQ is the fastest growing Life Insurance Company in the US. In the last few years, we’ve gone from 0 to $24B in coverage, 0 to 230 employees, 0 to $139MM in venture capital raised. Why is our product selling so fast? We have a data advantage. Health IQ spent 6+ years gathering the science and the proprietary data from our popular Health IQ test (taken 10.2 million times) to convince insurance carriers to give lower rates on life insurance for vegans, marathoners, triathletes, well-controlled diabetics, yogis, Crossfitters, and more. These special rates are exclusive to us saving consumers thousands of dollars each and rewarding them for living a healthy lifestyle.
Summary of Position
We’re looking for an energetic, passionate, health-conscious People Ops Leader to focus on Employee Relations, Compensation, Culture and Performance Management. We are growing quickly, and the People Ops team is a key component to helping the company scale while maintaining our amazing employee culture. You’ll be a key ambassador to ensuring our mission to improve the health of the world by celebrating the health conscious continues to be a strong part of our Employee Value Proposition.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Implementing new processes and procedures related to HR and employee information management
- Experience in employee relations and coaching employees and managers to manage or defuse sensitive employee issues or complaints.
- Perform employee investigations of claims, termination meetings and exit interviews
- Strong background in managing employee satisfaction, experience value proposition, and being a culture ambassador
- Deep understanding of compensation, including program management, developing structure and salary grades, job analysis, salary surveys and market pricing and research nationwide
- Experience with Performance Management, including annual reviews and Performance Improvement Plans
- New hire orientation, follow up and assimilation
- Strong written skills for writing company-wide policies and announcements
- Experience performing job evaluations and writing concise and compliant job descriptions
- Develop and implement new titles and job leveling where appropriate
- Implement and maintain effective and competitive employee reward programs
- Assist in compensation-related discussions and setting up the program
- Experience with ADP HR module and automating workflows for HR approvals is a plus!
- 7+ years experience in HR, at least 4 in HR Management, at least 2 years with compensation, and strong experience in employee relations with professional employees in a fast-paced, start up environment
- PHR or SPHR preferred, CCP a HUGE plus!
Join the Health Conscious Workplace of the Future
To make the world a healthier place, we started in our own backyard. We created a health-conscious environment that allows each of our employees to reach their own personal health goals. Below are a few of the employee-led programs that make working at Health IQ truly unique.
1. Nutritionally Supportive Environment
Anyone who has tried to stay healthy knows it’s hard to stick to your particular nutritional goals throughout the day with soda, chips and sugary treats all around you. So we provide our employees with quality food and snack options, like a limitless supply of organic nuts, fruits, and veggies instead.
2. Optional Midday Fitness Time
Instead of the usual ping pong table, we’ve dedicated space for our employees to enjoy yoga, spin bikes, exercise equipment, and other wellness activities. Everyone gets 30 minutes each day to focus on their health – whether it’s time for a walk, using the exercise equipment, or daily meditation.
3. Casual Office Attire
Ever dream of coming to work in your casual fitness attire? Well, that's how we roll at Health IQ! Be comfortable and let your fitness fashion shine!
4. Like-Minded Coworkers
At the end of the day we are a business-minded insurance company and we use analytics to measure our success and drive our business. Coming to work and working hard however is much more fun when you are surrounded by like-minded people who are motivated by the same personal goals as you. Our employees are making friends that will last a lifetime.
5. Motivate and Compete
Many of our employees are current or former athletes who are competitive and like to win. They motivate each other to do their personal best every day, and together we win as a team and as a company!
6. Excellent benefits
We pay 100% of our employees' cost toward medical, dental and vision insurance.
Join our team!
Is this Startup Going to Make It?
We think so. Our CEO sold his last company, Like.com, to Google for over $120MM. He was a board member or advisor to over $1B worth of startup exits to companies like Apple, Amazon, LinkedIn, etc. Past performance may not always guarantee future results, but we like our odds. We’ve grown from 23 people to over 200 people between our three locations (Mountain View, San Diego and Dallas). This isn’t because we are spending some of the $140MM+ in financing we received like drunken sailors (in fact we are pretty frugal). This is because our revenues have been doubling almost every month since we started selling policies in January of 2016, and now we are one of the fastest growing online insurance companies and were recently named to Wealthfront's List of Top Companies to Launch a Career during 2019 and recently for 2020!