We’re looking for an energetic, passionate, health-conscious People Operations Manager to focus on Human Resources, Employee Relations and Compliance. We are growing quickly, and the People Operations team is a key component to helping the company scale while maintaining our amazing employee culture. You’ll be a key ambassador to ensuring our mission to improve the health of the world by celebrating the health conscious continues to be a strong part of our Employee Value Proposition.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Implementing new processes and procedures related to HR and employee information management
- Experience in employee relations and coaching employees and managers on sensitive employee issues
- Deep understanding of HR compliance, and experience with wage and hour law, title 7, Cal-OSHA, DOL and applicable state and local employment laws for our California based offices
- Strong written skills for writing company-wide policies and announcements
- Experience performing job evaluations and writing concise and compliant job descriptions
- Understanding of compensation, job leveling, and employee reward programs
- Assist in compensation-related discussions and setting up the program
- Experience with workers compensation audits, management and employee safety
- Experience with ADP HR module and automating workflows for HR approvals is a plus!
- Experience preparing employee documentation for M&A or SOX compliance to be audit-ready at all times
- 5+ years experience in HR, at least 2 as HR Manager, in a fast-paced, non-exempt employee environment
- PHR or SPHR preferred
Join the Health Conscious Workplace of the Future To make the world a healthier place, we started in our own backyard. We created a health-conscious environment that allows each of our employees to reach their own personal health goals. Below are a few of the employee-led programs that make working at Health IQ truly unique.
- Personalized Lunch Program A healthy diet is never one-size-fits-all. That’s why every person at Health IQ gets to order their own custom-built lunch every day. That way, whether you’re vegan, low-carb, dairy-free or just craving salmon, you can customize the perfect lunch for your unique dietary needs.
- Nutritionally Supportive Environment Anyone who has tried to stay healthy knows it’s hard to stick to your particular nutritional goals throughout the day with soda, chips and sugary treats all around you. So we provide our employees with quality food and snack options, like a limitless supply of organic nuts, fruits, and veggies instead.
- Optional Midday Fitness Time Instead of the usual ping pong table, we’ve dedicated space for our employees to enjoy yoga, spin bikes, exercise equipment, and other wellness activities. Everyone gets 30 minutes each day to focus on their health – whether it’s time for a walk, using the exercise equipment, or daily meditation.
- Casual Office Attire Ever dream of coming to work in your casual fitness attire? Well, that's how we roll at Health IQ! Be comfortable and let your fitness fashion shine!
- Like-Minded Coworkers At the end of the day we are a business-minded insurance company and we use analytics to measure our success and drive our business. Coming to work and working hard however is much more fun when you are surrounded by like-minded people who are motivated by the same personal goals as you. Our employees are making friends that will last a lifetime.
- Motivate and Compete Many of our employees are current or former athletes who are competitive and like to win. They motivate each other to do their personal best every day, and together we win as a team and as a company!
- Excellent benefits We pay 100% of our employees' cost toward medical, dental and vision insurance. We even have a masseuse on-site and allow employees to schedule up to 2 massages each month!
Join our team!
Is this Startup Going to Make It?
We think so. Our CEO sold his last company, Like.com, to Google for over $120MM. He was a board member or advisor to over $1B worth of startup exits to companies like Apple, Amazon, LinkedIn, etc. Past performance may not always guarantee future results, but we like our odds. We’ve grown from 23 people to over 200 people between our two locations (Mountain View and San Diego). This isn’t because we are spending some of the $140MM+ in financing we received like drunken sailors (in fact we are pretty frugal). This is because our revenues have been doubling almost every month since we started selling policies in January of 2016, and now we are one of the fastest growing online insurance companies and were recently named to Wealthfront's List of Top Companies to Launch a Career!