Position: Senior Solutions Architect - USA
Department: Consulting Services
Territory Scope: Global Consulting Services
Are you ready for the next great challenge in your career? Tired of being one of thousands/tens of thousands or only involved with your customers for a small portion of their total journey with a technology versus helping them go from ideation to production and see real results....
Hazelcast IS HIRING!
We are looking for 'best of the best' hands-on senior architectural & implementation talent with experience in Enterprise In-Memory Data Grid and high-speed next-generation ingest and streaming solutions such as Hazelcast IMDG and Jet (or competing products) to join our team!
We are looking for senior & experienced team players in the US, LATAM, EMEA, UK, Canada, and Asia Pacific to join our Consulting Services & Pre-Sales organizations in hybrid roles engaging in pre-sales and post-sales Consulting activities across our entire product and services portfolio and customers' total journey with us.
For details on our product offerings and our company, please start here;
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by incumbents. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required by all incumbents. Incumbents may perform other duties as assigned or needed. Within the realm of their responsibilities, all employees are expected to provide customers with quality products and services, continually seek process improvements, maintain appropriate confidentiality, promote teamwork and cooperative effort.
This role will be called upon to help qualify, scope and deliver post-sales (Consulting) opportunities including but not limited to customer-specific training, Configuration Services and all custom Consulting opportunities. In addition our Senior Solutions Architects are key resources with respect to the delivery of pre-Sales PoV and PoC deliverables, Public Training and participation in key Industry and Marketing Evangelist-style events. Our SSAs also have the opportunity to author key Technical and Tech-Marketing deliverables as experts in their field.
- Use in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff, customers and partners through technical product presentations, workshops and other pre-sales interactions
- Assist the sales staff in assessing potential application of our products to meet customer needs
- Build paid as well as non-paid proof of concept applications based on customer requirements to demonstrate the capability of our products working with Hazelcast prospects and partners according to the nature of the opportunity
- Provide public as well as private technical training to customers, partners and prospects
- Provide consultation to prospective users and customers including pre-sales scoping as above and under billable post-sales Consulting Delivery efforts (engagements)
- Create/Maintain detailed interactions history of assigned opportunities in Salesforce
- Create/maintain detailed Field Notes history for each account and opportunity
- Create detailed PRD’s for possible new features working with Product Managers and Engineers based upon customer, partner and prospect feedback
- Evangelize Hazelcast products and services offerings to developers, architects, business and technical leads by participating in conferences, Hazelcast User Group meetings, blogging and other activities
- Participate in Hazelcast Community Forums and complete at least 1 forum answer and detailed comments every month
- Lead the development of key Hazelcast IP such as architectural and other technical whitepapers, presentations and best practice documents of all kinds; this will also include related code samples and reusable frameworks for both pre-sales and post-sales assigned work
- Specific to Hazelcast product and services visioning, scoping and proposals, lead the development of customer, partner and prospect facing product and consulting services sales proposals, Statements of Work and other necessary work products in all pre-sales/Consulting pursuits
Skills Motivation / Culture Fit:
- Highly self-motivated, hard-working, and objective driven, demonstrates scalable thinking
- A pragmatic approach coupled with the ability to thrive under the pressure of constant change and moving objectives as the organization grows
- Will be culturally sensitive and practice “Hazelcast 111” core values
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 10+ years in software development experience in Java
- 10+ years in Architecture & Design of complex distributed systems
- Experienced in customer facing roles (pre-Sales Engineer, post-Sales Architect)
- Expertise in distributed caching, scalability and highly available systems. Hazelcast knowledge is huge plus
- Strong technical skills in Spring, Hibernate and J2EE
- Experienced in Linux, Solaris, Unix and Windows Architecture, Design & Development
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills (TCP/IP, Multicast, JVM Garbage Collection, distributed systems-related skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Travel and Relocation
Travel can be extensive as determined by the needs of the business; 50% travel is estimated
- Reports To: Senior Director, Consulting & TechOps
- Internal Interactions: Sales, Marketing, Product Management, CTO, CEO
- External Interactions: Customers, Prospects, System Integration Partners