ABOUT HAVEN LIFE
Haven Life is an insuretech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be responsible for managing and executing the testing of our advanced insurance applications and platform.
You will need to learn and understand our product at a detailed level and coordinate with developers and the product team to execute your primary responsibilities, including:
- Lead software test projects
- Review development stories and help define the right test criteria
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain manual tests and test data
- Review and analyze results of test cases and exercises
- Analyze failures and collaborate with developers to ensure root cause is investigated
- Drive efficiencies to improve process and technical implementations
- Prepare documentation summarizing test results and providing clear status reports
- Communicate with developers and product managers on specific application issues
- Prioritize QA issues and facilitate issue resolution
- Work with product or project managers to establish timing and ensure timely completion of QA deliverables
- Work in close collaboration with developers and other test engineers to produce high quality products and release on time
- Develop and maintain QA guidelines and process documentation
- Support testing automation efforts by documenting and prioritizing test cases as well as making incremental additions to existing automation
- Minimum 4 years’ QA experience on web applications in multi-application production environments
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science (or other related field i.e., Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, International equivalent) or equivalent work experience
- Experience with various testing methodologies and areas of focus, including regression testing, adhoc testing, security testing, user interface testing, integration testing, and user acceptance testing
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills and willingness to look into code bases outside one’s direct responsibility to identify potential failure points
- Extensive experience with the Agile methodology and frequent releases
- Experience in multi-platform testing (desktop, tablet, mobile) and multi-browser testing
- Experience in running and maintaining testing automation
- You must be a high achiever with a strong sense of ownership and a strong desire to learn.
Qualified applicants must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).