Haven Life is an insuretech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
About The Role
Responsible for managing and executing the testing of our advanced financial services application.
You will need to learn and understand our product at a high level of detail and coordinate with developers and the business team in the execution of their primary responsibilities, including:
- Lead software test projects
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain automated and manual tests and test data
- Reviewing and analyzing results of test cases and exercises
- Analyze failures and collaborate with Software Engineers to ensure root cause is investigated
- Drive efficiencies to improve process and technical implementations Preparing documentation summarizing test results and providing clear status reports
- Communicating with developers on and business team clients on specific application issues
- Helping to define test automation strategy
- Using tools to create and execute automated regression tests, ensuring reliability of each release
- Prioritizing QA issues and facilitate issue resolution
- Working with product or project managers to establish timing and ensure timely completion of QA elements
- Work in close collaboration with software developers and other test engineers to produce high quality product
- Developing and maintain QA guidelines and process documentation
These skills are essential for success in this position:
- Minimum 4 years’ QA experience on web applications in production environments
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science (or other related field i.e., Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, International equivalent) or equivalent work experience
- Experience with various testing methodologies and areas of focus, including regression testing, adhoc testing, security testing, user interface testing, integration testing, and user acceptance
- Experience automating test cases using tools appropriate to web-based applications
- You must be a high achiever, ambitious, willing to learn and aiming to be a rock star
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Comfort level with detailed math problems (as applicable to a financial services application)
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Qualified applicants must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.
These skills are a not required but are a plus:
- Use of test tools like Mocha, PhantomJS, are a big plus
- Experience in defining test environment requirements, set-up, and management
- Experience in multi-platform testing (desktop, mobile)
- Experience with applications using modern frameworks like Angular, Backbone, Ember etc
We pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
MassMutual is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D).