Haven Life is an insuretech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
Job Description Summary
Recognized as subject matter expert in business analysis field. Has responsibility for instructing, directing, and checking the work of other Business Analysts. Formulate and define business and/or systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of industry requirements. Devise or modify procedures to solve highly complex problems considering limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Provide analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper business and/or system requirements. Consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment. Act as a team leader for complex projects.
What You Will Do
- Analyze business processes and gather requirements necessary to determine how to build out the platform.
- Experience in managing Compensation processes - defining and implementing compensation rules and overseeing their integration into other downstream processes - will be a plus.
- Analyze the 3rd party/product integration aspects of business requirements. Be able to effectively work with product vendors/3rd parties to implement such requirements.
- Must be a hands-on analyst - be comfortable obtaining data as necessary (extracting via APIs/database/files if necessary) & rigorously reviewing/analyzing/testing data.
- Effectively prioritize requirements for a minimum viable product or delivery while conceptualizing a medium term roadmap for platform evolution.
- Work hands-on in an agile environment - be very conversant with writing stories, defining acceptance criteria, grooming backlogs, planning sprints etc.
- Drive the testing of new product features; design test cases to monitor system functionality and support system enhancements
- Partner with other teams and participate in roadmap/dependencies discussions.
- Work with other team members to help outline team roadmaps and communicate these to internal stakeholders
What You Have:
- BS/BA required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a business analyst, project management or similar role
- Entrepreneurial minded and driven self-starter
- Experience in an agile environment necessary.
- Strong project management skills including conceptualization, analysis, driving alignment, planning resources, managing milestones, and objectives, and be responsible for overall project success.
- Exposure to technology - being able to extract data via SQL/familiarity with BI tools/API tools (such as Postman) is a plus.
- Experience in financial services a plus.
- Experience with designing/implementing incentive/compensation/sales performance structures is a plus including in the sales performance space such SAP/Callidus is a plus.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).