Haven Life is an insuretech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District
and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Project ownership
- Small collaborative team
- Big impact on huge industry
- Startup culture
- Big company financial stability
- Great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, commuter reimbursement
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a motivated self-starter with a passion for building software to solve complex and high-impact problems in simple, innovative, and customer centric ways.
If you wake up every day excited to reimagine existing processes and create new experiences that fulfill customers’ needs and make their lives less hard, please apply.
At Haven Life, you will be the vital link between our vision and roadmap on side and our agile execution on the other. Your ideas, analysis, specs, and project management will help translate concepts into reality and directly enhance the customer experience.
- Planning: Work with Marketing and other cross-team stakeholders to identify business requirements and customer needs as well as ideate new opportunities. Present each of these requirements and their business value to the Product Owner for prioritization. Actively participate in roadmapping exercises.
- Definition: Write functional specs for prioritized requirements based on a thorough understanding of the existing product/process context and including clear expectations from Design, Development and QA.
- Design: Work with Design and other cross-team stakeholders to ensure the timely completion of strong UX and UI designs for prioritized requirements. Work with Design, Customer Insight, and Customer Service to understand user behavior and preferences.
- Development: Work with Developers to outline the optimal technical approach and ensure timely completion of development work for prioritized requirements. Monitor progress through the sprint and remove any hurdles.
- Testing: Work with QA engineers, and pitch in as needed, to ensure developed tickets are properly tested and iterated on, as needed.
- Release: Coordinate with developers, QA engineers, release managers, and the infrastructure team to ensure timely completion of user acceptance testing and production releases. Work with Product Owner and other stakeholders to remove any hurdles.
- Post-Production: Partner with Customer Service and analyze data and metrics to monitor and improve the customer experience. Ensure production issues are promptly defined, prioritized and resolved as needed.
- Ideate and influence the future direction of our industry combining an understanding of both the evolving customer needs and the evolving technical capabilities.
- Be a vocal advocate for the customer and build simple, superior and meaningful experiences for them.
- Future-proof our products by embedding quality, modularity and extensibility in them.
- 3 to 6 years of experience in a business analyst or junior product owner/manager role on a software development team operating in an Agile environment
- Entrepreneurial minded
- Able to collaborate with cross-functional teams and individuals
- Authorized to work in the US for any employer without requiring Visa sponsorship
- BS/BA in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business or a related field
- Experience in a startup company
- Experience analyzing data, identifying options, and presenting recommendations to business decision makers
- Experience working within a financial services or insurance context
- Experience working on long-term, cross-team projects delivered via Agile sprints
- Strategic perspective
- Critical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Execution through accountability, teamwork and inspiration
- Collaboration within and across teams
We pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).