Haven Life is an insuretech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District
and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
About this role
As a member of the People & Culture team, you are a key advocate and influencer of our culture and people related objectives and practices. You’ll help to develop and drive a variety initiatives such as onboarding, employee engagement, and professional development. A successful candidate is a well organized, unflappable, and intellectually curious individual who thrives in a creative and ever changing environment.
What you will do
- Promote awareness of People & Culture objectives, policies, and processes to all Haven Life employees.
- Evaluate, build, and maintain a wide variety of HR related initiatives such as community involvement, team building activities, and diversity and inclusion
- Drive a best in class “Employee Experience” in partnership with recruiting and to include a robust onboarding program
- Hone existing programs such as career framework, feedback, and employee perks
- Interface with MassMutual, Haven’s parent company, on processes, standards, and reporting as needed
- Act as first point of contact for employee HR questions and help them navigate MassMutual as needed
- Work full time from our Manhattan office
- BS/BA in a related field
- 8-10 years of relevant HR Generalist or Business Partner/Consulting experience
- Deep knowledge of HR Consulting best and current practices
- A track record of successful planning and execution of HR initiatives within organizations.
- Entrepreneurial minded and driven self-starter
- Excellent communication and organization skills, including ability to manage competing priorities
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders
- Qualified applicants must be authorized to work in the US for any employer without requiring Visa Sponsorship
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).