Who are we?
We’re a fully funded stealth startup building a platform to solve the problem of grocery e-commerce. We’re a passionately product-first team building web apps and mobile apps to tackle the hard problems in grocery e-commerce all across the value chain, from ordering to picking to delivery. We have an existing user base of 1MM+ of users. We’re a globally distributed team with offices in San Francisco and Austin.
What’s the role?
We’re looking for a Lead Data Analyst to help guide our organization in using data to solve the myriad business problems in grocery. You’ll be the second member of the analytics team, working with the Analytics Manager, but your focus will be on using your analytical mind and strong data literacy to clarify the problem, analyze the data, and communicate the story for nontechnical stakeholders. For example, you’ll provide dashboards and insights for C-suite executives, work closely with the Product team to guide feature design, help design experiments, and identify the greatest opportunities to drive operational effectiveness. You will lead by example in demonstrating the power of using data in decision making and to help empower the rest of the team by democratizing access to the data.
Some example problems that our analytics team has and continues to tackle:
- What products should we recommend to a customer? Which products can we recommend with confidence?
- What effect does using the recommendation system have on customer conversion?
- How do we understand retention and churn in our business?
- What’s the best way to track user engagement and interactions with our platform?
- What does the data tell us about typical user purchasing patterns?
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with engineering to define instrumentation and data needs
- Working with business stakeholders to define and measure KPIs
- Measuring problems and sizing opportunities to drive product feature prioritization
- Performing ad-hoc data deep dives to discover patterns in customer behavior
- Build and deploy predictive models, using a tool of choice
- Design experiments and analyze their results
- Create dashboards and reports to help business stakeholders make better decisions
- Modify LookML to improve the self-serve accessibility of Looker for the rest of the team
- Write SQL for Looker PDTs to process and transform data
What we’re looking for:
- 2-6 years of experience in analytics at small organizations
- Highly proficient in SQL - joins, unions, window functions
- Prior experience with our tech stack is a plus - Looker, Redshift, Airflow
Where is the position based?
Fully remote - we're located in San Francisco, Austin, Pittsburgh, New York and across the world.
- Health insurance
- Retirement/401k with match
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO