New York, NY
About Harness Wealth
Harness Wealth is dedicated to helping clients effectively unlock financial opportunity to achieve their best financial future through a holistic and personalized approach. We provide clients with a unified data platform that enables them to manage their financial picture. We then pair them with a highly curated set of top tax, financial and legal advisers, and power those ongoing relationship with our proprietary technology.
As a Product Designer you will be filling the role of a behavioral scientist in a design environment. Your primary mission will be to understand our business needs and product requirements and transform that understanding into user-focused and intuitive products, interfaces, platforms for web and mobile experiences.
You will be working directly with the company’s founding leadership to shape the initial user experiences of Harness Wealth’s customers and set the tone for how to collaboratively build new products for the company. To be successful in this role, you must be a phenomenal interaction designer with a creative capability unmatched by your peers. Since you will be one of a small originating team, you absolutely need to be collaborative and passionate about people, not just technology. Your tasks will include the creation of experience maps, user scenarios, mockups & flows and the testing & validating to ensure the products achieve the product and business goals established for each project.
Other Tasks Include
- Collaborating and communicating professionally with clients and internal teams.
- Creating rapid prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers.
- Designing user-experiences from low-fidelity sketches to hi-fidelity pixel perfect mockups.
- Highly detailed communication of design principles + direction, as well as design specifications to engineers
- Developing interactive reporting dashboards and different types of visualizations.
- Validating ideas and designs using split A/B tests and product performance testing.
- Measuring recently released product features to establish benchmarks and to identify potential areas of improvement with the customer experience to improve performance.
- Staying abreast of UX trends and looking for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel analogous worlds.
- A minimum of five years of UX or interaction design experience; experience with responsive Web design and frameworks that incorporate strong grid principles, such as Bootstrap.
- Proven well-designed examples of responsive grid-based layouts. Strong work portfolio that demonstrates systematic and creative design thinking as well as a deep understanding of UI/UX best practices.
- Strong ability to recognize and predict use cases and user interaction, including happy path as well as edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (the ability to effectively sell an idea).
- Deep understanding of information design/architecture, gestalt principles, and user psychology.
- Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work.
- Proficiency in graphic design, motion graphics, digital art, a sensitivity to typography, color, layout, and a general awareness of materials/textures.
- Experience in working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development lifecycle primarily in agile methodologies.
- Portfolio examples that clearly showcase your capabilities within the above areas.
- Bachelor degree in related field with IxD degrees a plus.
Harness Wealth is an equal opportunity employer.