Harness Wealth is dedicated to helping individuals unlock financial opportunity to achieve their best financial future. We provide clients with insights, financial tools and benchmarks as well as access to a network of highly curated Financial Advisers, CPAs, and Trust & Estate Attorneys, which we pair with clients using our proprietary algorithm. Our founders have previously scaled large tech companies and we are backed by leading investors, including Bain Capital Ventures and Marc Benioff. Our insights have been featured on CNBC, Fast Company, Forbes and Reuters.
As an early product designer on our growing product and design team, you will drive product design strategy and shape the user experiences of Harness Wealth’s clients. Further, with an eye towards delivering value to our users over time, you will have the opportunity to work with the product and engineering teams to lay the foundations of our design principles, user research practice, feedback culture, design system, and product development methodologies. You will report directly to the head of product and be supported by a team of talented and no ego peers.
What you will be doing
- Conceptualize and prototype new product offerings and improvements to existing marketplace experiences
- Influence product strategy through an expert understanding of our users and collaboration with product managers, engineers and go-to-market teams
- Lead foundational and topical user research to generate new ideas of how we can better serve our users and to validate existing concepts
- Deliver quality interactions and interfaces for a premium product
- Find creative ways of communicating typically text and data heavy financial, tax and legal concepts to audiences of varying degrees of financial literacy
- Advocate for the design team and keeping the user at the center of every project
What we are looking for
- 6+ years creating and delivering software alongside product managers and engineers
- Diversity in experience across subject domains and user demographics
- A business owner state-of-mind and comfort operating outside your discipline
- Proficiency with Figma or other standard design and prototyping tools
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and writing skills
- Decision making rooted in user research and product analytics
- Interest in contributing to the NYC product design community and bringing best practices back to the team
We value people with a diversity of experiences. Harness Wealth is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.