Is the Daily Stand Up your favorite time of day? Do you have a Product Backlog somewhere in your house? Do you dream about new retrospective ideas? Launching "trains" at scale does not scare you?
We are looking for an Agile/SAFe Coach (Top Secret Clearance) to coach our clients through adoption of new Agile practices, advise them on ways to continuously improve, and migrate to Agile implementations using SAFe, Kanban and Scrum. You will work with leaders and Agile teams, while partnering with other Agile coaches to improve the flow of work and assist clients in identifying and removing challenges.
You’ll be joining a Hard Yards team with extensive product delivery experience. We fully support your continued journey to improve your own skill through increasing levels of challenge, certification, and responsibility. You will have the opportunity work side by side with Hard Yards staff that include Certified Scrum Trainers with decades of Agile transformation experience, and a Product Management expert with extensive knowledge of Scrum, Kanban, and SAFe.
- Provide training/workshops, as needed
- Teach/Mentor/Coach teams and leaders on SAFe and Scrum practices, roles, artifacts and ceremonies
- Advance the understanding of client roles within Scrum across Business, Technology and Operations areas.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvements
- Bring industry knowledge from the Agile community
- Prepare and direct PI Planning and other SAFe activities
- Exhibit influencing skills to effectively drive process implementation, standardization and simplification
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- 5+ Years of Project/Process Management experience
- 5+ Years of Agile working experience
- 2+ Years of Agile coaching in SAFe and Scrum
- SAFe certification (SA or SPC)
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Master’s Degree
- At least 5 Years of Agile Coaching
- Certified Scrum Master, Professional Scrum Master, SAFe Scrum Master, or equivalent
- Certified SAFe SPC
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and influencing skills
- Work location varies depending on the customer. The role is based in Washington DC, with frequent commuting to client sites in Richmond, VA.
- Role is Corp-to-Corp, Contract-to-Permanent or Permanent
When applying for the position:
Please include a response to the following prompt in your cover letter: Please describe a recent challenge you have encountered as a coach.