We are looking for a highly motivated Technical DevOps Engineer/Coach who can help build and implement DevOps/ATDD practices for our clients. As an engineer, this role is hands-on, working alongside our client's engineers to implement the right DevOps solutions. As a coach, this role needs to empathize with individuals and teams, and raise their engineering and problem-solving skills. Individuals in this role will help teams understand what opportunities they have to advance technical practices and help them build and adopt DevOps practices to deliver the following outcomes:
- Increased speed
- Improved quality
- Delivering and understanding value
This is a time-sensitive position we are looking to fulfill to support a major initiative at one of our customers.
Coach teams on Lean & DevOps principles and practices. Apply your knowledge and experience with teams creating new features and with movement of services to the cloud. You will be expected to teach and help teams implement techniques like: Value Stream Mapping, Vertically Sliced Stories, Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD), Test Driven Development (TDD), CI/CD and pipeline buildout and optimization (specifically using Artemis). You will also be expected to identify individuals who will continue to help implement these practices across other teams within the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- 5+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation from Acceptance Criteria to production.
- Experience building out CI/CD pipelines with teams and integrating into Release Management process.
- Ability to demonstrate hands-on experience in implementing CI/CD and ATDD development practices.
- Strong relationship and communication skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
- Ability to effectively teach and mentor teams and individuals.
- Able to articulate and support your opinions/stance, but also able to listen and be flexible.
- Work experience with Agile methodologies like Scrum or SAFe.
- Working knowledge of the following technologies/frameworks: Angular 5, Node JS, Jenkins, GitHub, AWS, C#, .NET, TFS
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and influencing skills
- Work location is Richmond, VA. Full-time, at least 4 days/week on-site at customer's location.
- Role can be based in Richmond, VA or Washington, DC (with commute to Richmond)
- Sporadic travel to the Washington DC metro area
- This role is exclusively full-time W2 hire. No 1099 or corp-to-corp.
When applying for this role, please provide the following information:
- Most recent resume
- LinkedIn profile
- You current location, or ability to commute to Richmond, VA on a daily basis
- Your work eligibility status
Please also provide a brief write-up on the following topics:
- Detailed documentation of at least one project that you led in implementing DevOps practices. What was your role? What activities did you do? What was the outcome?
- Detailed explanation of pros/cons of passing a variable by reference instead of passing it by value
- Detailed explanation of pros/cons of decoupling the release cadence from the sprint/development cadence