Many Product Managers describe what they do as “shipping”, “herding cats”, “guiding onto the runway”, “GTD”, etc. We think there is much more to this equation, and work by a more specific set of values, HOAGIES:
Faithlife is looking to add a few Product Managers whose work reflects these values to help bring forth our new product line. We have a range of roles open, from mid-career PMs to Senior PMs to Director-level product leaders. Our cloud-based, integrated suite of tools and content is being designed to help church leaders engage more fully with their members in this modern age of devices, social-media, and always-on communication.
- Ship Product
- P&L responsibility for one or more Faithlife Church products
- Working cohesively with the team, developing the long-term strategy for Faithlife Church products, building solutions that fit into an integrated platform
- Build and deliver of product roadmaps, features, workflows, and curated content libraries, all of which drive product adoption and retention
- Partner with product marketing, development, design, sales, support, and the executive team to bring Faithlife Church products to market
- Keep track of the pulse of our customers, analyzing adoption, product use, and churn. Use these metrics as input into product improvement, as well as how to better address the market.
- Mentor and coach colleagues from other divisions who aspire to become product managers
- Partner with accounting to track costs, optimize spend, and ensure the firm is improving new product investment
- Consistent track record of shipping software, web services, or mobile applications to new markets. You should have at least one such successful effort, as well as one (or more) that was mostly a “'Type-2 fun' learning experience”
- Fluent with current demand-marketing approaches (technology, content testing, campaign management, lead gen, reporting, marketing measurement, project management, etc.)
- History of using emerging social media technology
- Passionate about “the story”, and the craft of creating the narrative. Have developed strategic narrative approaches across varied mediums and formats
- Deft master of triage and prioritization
- Dedication to high output product development methodologies with flexibility to change and adapt to new market circumstances
- Analytical bias in your observations. Everything from defining KPIs, to forecasting, staff development, project management, customer engagement, and financial performance
- Curiosity: Continually learning, with many sources for new information and insight
- Constant innovation, always asking, “How can we make this better?”, with strong sense of balancing business needs and customer expectations
One last bit, we are looking for Product Manager Pros who have had experiences with the back office operations of churches (being a current member of a church, or active in your faith is not a requirement). Could be your mom or dad was involved in church operations, or it's your partner who has volunteered to help out, or maybe you're the one with the direct experience. Regardless, we believe this reference point is critical in connecting with the audience for this product.