Founded by a team of government licensing specialists and technology trailblazers, Harbor Compliance is a leading provider of compliance solutions for businesses and nonprofits at every stage of development. We manage all types of federal, state, and local government filings including entity formations, tax registrations, secretary of state filings, general business licenses and permits, and professional licenses. From establishing new startups to helping global brands manage their business licenses nationwide, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people who can deliver an exceptional client experience. Our leaders genuinely want employees and clients to feel not just content, but ridiculously happy. In our seventh year in business and with over 25K customers, we are experiencing exponential growth and are seeking top performers who share our values of autonomy, transparency, and excellence.
Due to growth, we are looking to add an Application Developer Level II. In this position, the bulk of your work will be new design and development. You’ll enjoy autonomy and collaborating in a lean, high-performing IT team.
Working on industry-leading technology, our application is custom-built on the CakePHP framework in order to provide the company’s services of licensing compliance. Dedication to good object-oriented design principles, even as you are still learning them, is a prerequisite for this position; our team is dedicated to well-structured code. You will be tasked with writing clean, readable, reusable code and contribute to technical designs to enhance our industry-leading technology to accommodate the business logic complexities of licensing compliance. You’ll be working on industry-leading technology in the compliance industry.
Critical Job Tasks
- Independently design and implement new system components, following programming standards and best practices
- Test, troubleshoot, and implement bug fixes to correct or improve system functionality
- Based on project specifications and a knowledge of the codebase, design and implement automated test coverage for Quality Assurance
- Initiate conversations with suggestions for improvements to site functionality and coding standards, technical refactoring opportunities, etc.
- Contribute to furthering coding skills and applied business knowledge of other IT teammates
- Maintain a working knowledge of the complexities of our system, understanding when to escalate questions or concerns about component integration or issues with legacy code.
- Ability to independently navigate, understand, and debug complex code
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities, remain focused under pressure and work extended hours as required
- Utilize intellectual curiosity to identify and complete complex tasks
- Display strict attention to detail with the ability to accurately assess and diagnose work requests, and implement solutions within established estimated time-frames
- Results driven and self-motivated with emphasis on keeping customer and business commitments
- Works independently, but also effectively teams with others as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years’ professional experience with Back-end web development (including MVC)
- Familiarity with the LEMP stack
- BS in Computer Science or applicable experience
Location and Hours:
This is a full-time position at our Lancaster, PA office.
Competitive salary based on experience ($70-90K), plus generous benefits including paid time off, health plan including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, disability, and retirement plan matching.
Harbor Compliance is an equal opportunity employer.