The Harbor Compliance Human Resource Director fosters a positive, productive, engaged, and thriving workforce. In our quickly scaling company, the successful candidate will have the experience and expertise necessary to develop and execute human resource functions covering all phases of employee recruitment, onboarding, engagement, and continual development.
This position is deeply involved with the strategic and operational scaling and growth of Harbor Compliance. The successful candidate will balance immediate, pragmatic needs with building out longer-term strategic investments in human resource infrastructure. The Human Resources Director reports directly to company co-founders.
The Human Resource Director is responsible for execution and oversight of all phases of employee recruitment and development, including but not limited to:
- Talent acquisition and onboarding
- Employee engagement and retention
- Training and professional development
- Reward strategy (compensation, benefits and promotion)
- Performance management
The Human Resource Director runs core HR functions such as:
- Overseeing personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, benefit plan changes, performance reviews, and terminations.
- Welcoming and managing employee inquiries.
- Developing the HR team. Supervising staff and vendors.
- Maintaining HR compliance in coordination with legal counsel.
- Stewardship of Social Committee, Safety Committee, and related employee groups.
- Participate in strategic and tactical business discussions that impact current and future staff. This will include participation in personnel capacity planning and other management meetings.
- Lead the development, implementation, and management of personnel policies/practices and related documents in coordination with management and legal counsel.
- Provide management coaching and leadership training for new and promoted managers within Harbor Compliance. Consult and provide executive level guidance to the leadership team about human resources matters. Serve as a liaison between the organization’s management and employees to be a conduit for proactive HR leadership.
- Perform related duties, special assignments and projects as required and/or needed.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in human resources or a related field
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in a leadership position in human resources.
- Expertise in multiple areas of HR
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrates the highest level of integrity and ethical behavior
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and Google Hire (ATS). Experience with Google G Suite is highly preferred.
- Professional designation/accreditation, such as Professional in Human Resources awarded by the Society of Human Resources Management is preferred.
Location and Hours
This is a full-time position at our Lancaster, PA office. Occasional travel may be required. Local candidates are preferred.
Competitive salary based on experience, plus generous benefits including paid time off, health plan including medical/dental/vision, and retirement plan matching. Employees enjoy a relaxed dress code, a pleasant work environment in our spacious new headquarters, and an entrepreneurial atmosphere that isn’t hindered by corporate red tape.
Harbor Compliance is an equal opportunity employer.