The Copywriter will produce content that reflects the brand voice for Harbor Compliance. In order to do this, applicants should demonstrate a commitment to learning our industry, our company’s position in the market, services, and diverse audiences. This position provides authorship of written pieces including webpages, descriptions of our company and services, marketing materials (e.g. blogs, emails), sales/service materials, and more.
You will need to understand complex compliance issues and communicate them clearly to a target audience - often using simple concise language while preserving technical accuracy. You will have access to our entire staff to request input on the technical complexities and the characteristics of the audience. The copywriter is responsible for proper use and attribution of sources and adhering to appropriate editorial styles.
You will proofread and edit materials for grammar, clarity, tone, and to ensure the voice is “on brand.”
A core part of this role on a day-to-day basis is collaborating with a wide variety of personnel within our company. Your creative teaming style will promote input, consensus, and joy in the work product.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years experience in sales, marketing, journalism, or similar writing
- Experience in B2B writing preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Passionate about writing and knowledgeable about best practices
- Familiarity with Google Drive or a similar online collaboration tool preferred
- Additional experience in any of the following would be a plus: digital video editing, email marketing, and graphic design
Location and Hours:
This is a full-time position at our Lancaster, PA office.
Competitive salary based on experience, plus generous benefits including paid time off, health plan including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, disability, and retirement plan matching. Employees enjoy a relaxed dress code, a pleasant work environment in our spacious new headquarters, and an entrepreneurial atmosphere that isn’t hindered by corporate red tape.
Harbor Compliance is an equal opportunity employer.