At Harbor Compliance, we’re steering companies and nonprofits through the steps needed to achieve their organizational goals. From establishing new startups to helping global brands manage their business licenses nationwide, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people who can deliver an exceptional client experience. Our leaders genuinely want employees and clients to feel not just content, but ridiculously happy. In our eighth year in business, we are experiencing exponential growth and are seeking top performers who share our values of autonomy, transparency, and excellence.
The Software Engineer is a key member of the Scrum team responsible designing and developing new system components, product enhancements and defect fixes for our industry leading compliance software. This position is ideal for a technically minded individual with a background full stack application development. Success is measured by your ability to write clean code that delivers value to our customers as well as your ability to initiate conversations regarding technical standards and process improvements.
- Independently design and develop software features to meet the needs of our customers.
- Actively collaborate with other members of the Scrum team to deliver projects and meet team commitments.
- Develop an understanding of our application's complexities and dependencies.
- Adhere to and further develop the team’s technical standards.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Work closely with Business Analysts and Stakeholders to clarify requirements.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent professional experience.
- 3-5 years professional experience in web application development.
- Advanced understanding of object-oriented design patterns (preferably using PHP).
- Experience with full-lifecycle development (i.e. design, coding, testing, debugging, etc.).
- Familiarity with the LEMP stack is a huge plus!
- Experience using a PHP framework such as CakePHP, Laravel or Symfony is preferred.
- Experience developing and debugging RESTful web APIs.
- Experience with MySQL or similar relational database.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Experience working in a modern software development environment using practices such as continuous integration, continuous deployment, test driven development and pair programming.
- Attitude focused on team outcomes
- Independent work-ethic
- Analytics skills
- Readiness to learn the complexities of the compliance industry
- Comfortable learning complex and changing technologies
- Accurate communication skills
Location and Hours:
This is a full-time position at our Lancaster, PA office.
Competitive salary based on experience, plus generous benefits including paid time off, health plan including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, disability, and retirement plan matching.
Harbor Compliance is an equal opportunity employer.