The Harbor Compliance Human Resources Generalist fosters a positive, productive, engaged, and thriving workforce. In our quickly scaling company, the successful candidate will have the experience and expertise necessary to perform duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: recruiting/staffing, training and development, employee relations, benefits and payroll administration. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization, while maintaining strict confidentiality.
Critical Job Tasks
- Conducts recruitment effort for all positions; write and place job postings; work with managers to screen and interview candidates; extend job offers; coordinate new-employee orientation
- Develop, facilitate, and provide training to the employees to address organizational needs
- Coach and counsel employees and managers with regard to the administration of company policies and procedures; assist in the development and implementation of company policies and procedures; prepare and maintain the employee handbook
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action
- Administers Human Resources policies and procedures including various employee leave policies, exit interviews, unemployment claims, etc...
We are looking for a professional with the following:
● Solid understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and practices as well as current state and federal labor and employment laws
● Proven ability to manage multiple priorities (at times conflicting), remain focused under pressure and work extended hours as required
● Results driven, self-motivated with emphasis on keeping customer and business commitments
● Consistently demonstrate the highest level of personal integrity and ethical conduct
● Strong interpersonal and written communication skills – ability to initiate and engage in conversations about difficult or sensitive topics
● Ability to build relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
● Computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and Google Hire (ATS). Experience with Google G Suite is highly preferred
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
2-4 years of HR experience in a professional setting
SHRM or HRCI certification preferred
Location and Hours
This is a full-time position at our Lancaster, PA office. Occasional travel may be required. Local candidates are preferred.
Competitive salary based on experience, plus generous benefits including paid time off, health plan including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, disability, and retirement plan matching. Employees enjoy a relaxed dress code, a pleasant work environment in our spacious new headquarters, access to walking trails in a park like setting, private parking, and an entrepreneurial atmosphere that isn’t hindered by corporate red tape.