At Harbor Compliance, we’re steering companies and nonprofits through the steps needed to achieve their organizational goals. From establishing new startups to helping global brands manage their business licenses nationwide, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people who can deliver an exceptional client experience. Our leaders genuinely want employees and clients to feel not just content, but ridiculously happy. In our sixth year in business, we are experiencing exponential growth and are seeking top performers who share our values of autonomy, transparency, and excellence.
This position exists to raise awareness of our company and our role, mission, and programs through our presence at external conferences. The position manages the sponsorships, exhibits, and logistics for numerous domestic conferences. In collaboration with the marketing team, conference attendees, and executive leadership, the position contributes to the organization's reputation as a thought leader and expert.
Project Management (40%)
- Serve as project manager and lead point of contact for the organization's participation in a variety of conferences.
- Develop project schedule for each conference that identifies all deliverables, including exhibit space, sponsorships, staffing, side events (such as cocktail receptions and focus groups), written reports, promotional communications, collateral, audio/visual needs, giveaways, and shipping.
- Sets deadlines for all deliverables and identifies contingencies and obstacles.
Management of Collateral and Promotional Items (20%)
- Alongside the marketing team, manage online repository of collateral and meeting materials to ensure that all staff have easy access to a complete and up-to-date collection. This repository is a resource for all staff, regardless of whether they are involved with conferences.
- Identify collateral that requires updates.
- Serve as lead resource for internal stakeholders with questions/requests regarding informational materials.
- Research and identify conferences in target market verticals
- Research and identify demographics at conferences including: market verticals, attendee job titles, company profiles, etc.
- Identify speaking opportunities and coordinate with the marketing team to submit speaking proposals by deadlines.
- Identify and secure sponsorship opportunities.
- Present research to marketing and executive teams to confirm attendance or sponsorship.
Conference Registration and Logistics (10%)
- Reserve exhibit space and related needs (electricity, wifi, audio/visual, etc.)
- Register exhibit staff through exhibitor portals, if applicable.
- Arrange for inbound and outbound shipping of materials.
- When appropriate, coordinate content (announcements, social, email blasts, etc.) promoting Harbor Compliance’s presence at conferences.
- Coordinate with marketing team to publish promotional content via a variety of channels and on schedule per the project plan.
- Track projected and actual conference expenditures. Identify conferences/items that are over budgeted amounts or for which there is no budgeted amount.
- Develop annual budgets for conferences and promotional materials.
- Excellent project management skills. Ability to effectively manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across department lines, among a wide variety of internal stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent judgment in providing organizational information to external stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong service orientation.
- Ability to approach tight deadlines with accuracy, tact, and composure.
- Ability to represent the organization professionally to staff of external organizations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed organizational skills, solid follow-through, and attention to detail.
- Minimum two years of professional experience in an external affairs, communications, event planning, conference coordination, and/or marketing environment.
- Experience with project management and coordinating complex projects across departmental lines.
- Professional experience writing for promotional purposes.
Location and Hours
This is a full-time position at our Lancaster, PA office.
We offer competitive salary plus generous benefits including paid time off and retirement plan matching. Employees enjoy a relaxed dress code and an entrepreneurial atmosphere that isn’t hindered by corporate red tape.