The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for planning, designing and executing system testing on our web application, from large new application development projects to enhancements to bug fixes. The QA Analyst works collaboratively within the IT department and with business partners to ensure quality test coverage based on system requirements and business priorities.
This position affords the right qualified individual an extraordinary amount of ownership and independence in defining testing in our growing company. Your attitude is team-first and you enjoy the detailed behind-the-scenes work to ensure that the IT Department's work products are top-notch.
- Design the testing approach depending on the complexity and scope of the project, enhancement, or bugfix to be tested.
- Develop an understanding of our application's complexities and therefore what features to regression test, logical fallacies to be aware of, and priority product features to approach with extra attention (/paranoia).
- Understand what test coverage is provided by automated test scripts vs what test coverage needs to be achieved through manual testing.
- Develop test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports on multiple projects of varying size.
- Generate test data and coordinate with our Dev Team on test environment data refreshes. Test data may be generated through automated processes or may require manual effort to test edge cases.
- Perform manual testing, document bugs, retest bug fixes, and report on testing progress
- Collaborate with our Systems Analyst and Development Team as needed to understand the testing needs and troubleshoot.
- As needed, engage business partners in coordinating User Acceptance Testing. Help them validate that user expectations are achieved during the testing process.
- As needed, recommend and assist with performance, security, and other types of testing.
- As needed, proactively review user requirements documents to ensure that requirements are testable.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years experience in a position of test ownership (That means designing the test approach, owning data, writing tests, and more... not just following test scripts.)
- Experience with data: cleaning, manipulating, or auditing data sets
- Experience with MySQL or other query language
- Attitude focused on team outcomes
- Independent work-ethic
- Readiness to learn the complexities of the licensing industry
- Comfortable learning complex and changing technologies
- Accurate communication skills
Location and Hours:
This is a full-time position at our Lancaster, PA office. Local candidates are preferred.
Competitive salary based on experience, plus generous benefits including paid time off, health plan including medical/dental/vision, and retirement plan matching. Employees enjoy a relaxed dress code, a pleasant work environment in our spacious new headquarters, and an entrepreneurial atmosphere that isn’t hindered by corporate red tape.
Harbor Compliance is an equal opportunity employer.