At Harbor Compliance, we’re steering companies and nonprofits through the steps needed to achieve their organizational goals. From establishing new startups to helping global brands manage their business licenses nationwide, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people who can deliver an exceptional client experience. Our leaders genuinely want employees and clients to feel not just content, but ridiculously happy. In our eighth year in business, we are experiencing exponential growth and are seeking top performers who share our values of autonomy, transparency, and excellence.
The Software Test Engineer is a key member of the Scrum team responsible for helping to deliver bug-free web application functionality through both manual and automated testing. Projects range from large new application features to small enhancements to bug fixes. The Software Test Engineer works collaboratively within the Information Technology department and with business partners to ensure quality test coverage based on a thorough understanding of system requirements and business priorities.
This position is ideal for a technically minded individual with a background in either software development or testing. This position affords the right individual a unique amount of ownership and influence in defining the test suite for our quickly-growing company. Success is measured by maintaining a low bug rate in production, critically thinking about new functionality, and contributing to the overall coverage of our automated test suite (the more test coverage you automate, the less you need to test manually.). Your attitude is team-first and you enjoy the detailed behind-the-scenes work to ensure that the team's web applications are top-notch.
- Collaborate with System Analysts and Software Engineers as needed to understand testing needs.
- Independently design the testing approach depending on the complexity and scope of the project.
- Develop an understanding of our application's complexities and dependencies.
- Understand what test coverage is provided by automated test scripts vs what test coverage needs to be achieved through manual testing.
- Conduct tests on multiple projects of varying size.
- Maintain test cases for current projects and product regression cycles.
- Generate test data as needed. Coordinate environment test data refreshes with our Development Team. Test data may be generated through automated processes or may require manual effort to test edge cases.
- Perform manual testing, document bugs, retest bug fixes, and report on testing progress.
- As needed, engage business partners in coordinating User Acceptance Testing. Help them validate that user expectations are achieved during the testing process.
- As needed, recommend and assist with performance, security, and other types of testing.
- As needed, proactively review user requirements documents to ensure that requirements are testable.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 3+ years experience in a position of test ownership (That means having intellectual ownership of designing the test approach, owning data, writing tests, and more... not just following test scripts).
- Experience with Agile planning and bug tracking software such as Jira, VersionOne, Rally or similar.
- Experience with automated UI testing utilizing Selenium or similar tools.
- Experience with REST API testing utilizing Postman, SoapUI or similar tools.
- Experience or desire to learn automated testing utilizing PHPUnit / Codeception.
- Experience with data: cleaning, manipulating, or auditing data sets .
- Experience with MySQL or other query language .
- Experience or desire to learn Git.
- Attitude focused on team outcomes
- Independent work-ethic
- Analytics skills
- Readiness to learn the complexities of the compliance industry
- Comfortable learning complex and changing technologies
- Accurate communication skills
Location and Hours:
This is a full-time position at our Lancaster, PA office. Local candidates are preferred.
Competitive salary based on experience, plus generous benefits including paid time off, health plan including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, disability, and retirement plan matching.
Must currently have the ability to work in the US on a full-time basis without requiring sponsorship.
Harbor Compliance is an equal opportunity employer.