Cornea is seeking an experienced public sector oriented professional to lead outreach and engagement work with our North American wildfire customers, notably USFS, DOI, DoD, and state agencies such as CalFire. This diverse, high-impact role is well suited to an individual who has engaged with the challenges of wildfire management and response and has a proven record of working with new technologies that have been deployed in the field over the last several years. As the manager of public sector partnerships, you will serve as the face of Cornea to our wildfire customers. You’ll work to better understand their unique and evolving needs and will represent their interests to Cornea’s product and engineering teams as they prioritize features and products to serve them. During active fire periods you’ll serve as the liaison between our customers and our development team. You will also play a significant role developing the training and recruiting programs for our field service professionals. You’ll be required to think creatively about our customers’ problems and to work as a key member of our broader team to engineer solutions that will get our customers the information they need, before they need it.
Natural disasters are becoming increasingly severe and costly due to climate change and encroaching development. Incident command teams want better technology to combat these complex and challenging disasters now. At Cornea, we believe that powerful tools in the right hands can radically improve decision-making and better enable an effective response.
We provide on-site support to incident command teams at major national and international disasters. Cornea’s field teams use our technology platform to analyze and visualize data in real-time. We empower commanders with the information they need when they need it, saving lives and lowering costs.
Cornea’s software platform, built using the latest advances in computation and machine learning, ingests, secures, and displays relevant georectified data in real-time for response planning, management, and deployment. Our field teams work directly at disaster sites through partnerships with federal, state, and international agencies to provide actionable intelligence. During hurricane season, we help emergency managers respond more effectively to rising flood waters, storm surges, and outages. For wildfires, we help incident commanders and firefighters employ resources more effectively to suppress fires earlier and more quickly than ever before. Cornea is backed by Hangar
, a public sector-focused investment company. Further information is available at cornea.is
- Oversee the company’s day-to-day relationships with its wildfire customers, from early engagement through contract arrangements, and during active fire periods.
- Work closely with the product management and development teams to ensure the product correctly serves customer needs.
- Collaborate closely with Cornea’s field teams to ensure they can rapidly accommodate requests from customers.
- Engage with public sector agencies on an as needed basis to obtain access to relevant data for Cornea’s platform.
- Build new customer relationships.
- At least six years in a wildfire management role, with a demonstrated record of leadership.
- A strong understanding of current technical capabilities within the wildfire industry and use of these technologies, especially GIS and fire prediction products.
- Ability to travel on short notice during active disaster periods.
- Strong aptitude with productivity platforms and devices (e.g. Microsoft Office, Google, Android and iOS).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in the US or Canada.
Optional, but helpful
- A degree in forestry, fire, or emergency response, or the equivalent, or a degree in an information technology field, e.g. computer science.
- Experience and comfort using ArcView or other mainstream GIS platforms.
Cornea is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
We are committed to attracting top talent by providing competitive compensation and benefits.
A qualified candidate can work from anywhere in the United States or Canada, though is likely easiest if based in the Western US. Semi-regular travel to Washington, DC will be required.
For more information: