Cornea is seeking an experienced technical lead to manage the acquisition, implementation, and integration of the disparate data feeds our customers seek to have readily available in a decision support environment. From real-time environmental data to aggregated historical data for analysis, this data forms the backbone of the technology stack our field teams use to help clients respond to high-stakes environmental disaster situations. This role requires the ability to think creatively about our customers’ problems and the capacity to seek and integrate relevant, georeferenced data that will help our customers be more accurate and effective.
Natural disasters are becoming increasingly severe and costly due to climate change and encroaching development. Incident command teams want better technology to combat these complex and challenging disasters now. At Cornea, we believe that powerful tools in the right hands can radically improve decision-making and better enable an effective response.
We provide on-site support to incident command teams at major national and international disasters. Cornea’s field teams use our technology platform to analyze and visualize data in real-time. We empower commanders with the information they need when they need it, saving lives and lowering costs.
Cornea’s software platform, built using the latest advances in computation and machine learning, ingests, secures, and displays relevant georectified data in real-time for response planning, management, and deployment. Our field teams work directly at disaster sites through partnerships with federal, state, and international agencies to provide actionable intelligence. During hurricane season, we help emergency managers respond more effectively to rising flood waters, storm surges, and outages. For wildfires, we help incident commanders and firefighters employ resources more effectively to suppress fires earlier and more quickly than ever before. Cornea is backed by Hangar
, a public sector-focused investment company. Further information is available at cornea.is
- Oversee the day-to-day development of our datastore and identify and integrate data feeds from government sources, commercial sources, and custom acquisition.
- Collaborate closely with Cornea’s field teams to ensure they can rapidly accommodate requests from customers.
- Build partnerships with potential data providers and ensure their outputs are easily and regularly injected into the Cornea database.
- Work with developers who seek to integrate with Cornea’s datastore or frontend.
- At least four years of work with GIS or georeferenced data.
- Prior work with third-party partners and developers.
- Aptitude for the environmental and emergency response spaces (prior experience not required)
Cornea is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
We are committed to attracting top talent by providing competitive compensation and benefits.
A qualified candidate can work from anywhere in the United States or Canada, though is likely easiest if based in the Western US. Semi-regular travel to New York, NY and Washington, DC may be required.
For more information: