Handy is changing the way the world buys services by connecting customers with vetted, independent, local service professionals in a fast, convenient and reliable way - at the tap of a button. Started in 2012 by Oisin Hanrahan & Umang Dua, Handy has scaled to offer cleaning, installation, and assembly services across the entire US and has processed over 3 million transactions. As of 2019, Handy is an independently operated subsidiary of ANGI Homeservices (Nasdaq: ANGI), the world’s largest home services marketplace including brands like HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List. This milestone gives us more leverage to bring the Handy experience to millions of more customers.
Handy’s mission is to seamlessly deliver every service to every home.
About the Role
Handy is seeking a highly analytical and process driven leader to manage the operations for our largest retail partners - including Wayfair, Walmart, eBay, Crate & Barrel, FedEx, and more. Handy partners with these leading retailers to offer Handy installation services at point of sale in store and online. Customers can now buy their product and the installation at the same time, and get the amazing Handy experience.
In this role, you will be responsible for the key metrics around marketplace supply/demand balance and customer satisfaction; these must be balanced with the variable cost targets for supporting both. Success will require developing, testing and then formalizing new processes in each major area by leveraging your team (currently 3 and growing), and by working closely with the assigned Product and Engineering teams to automate as much as possible. And all the projects you will be working on have a direct impact on Handy’s growth.
What you'll do
The scope of this mandate is broad, and requires exceptional capacity to prioritize and focus:
- Own core partner operations KPIs and costs
- Source, onboard and retain Independent Contractors (aka Handy Pros)
- Improve overall platform experience for both Customers and Handy Pros
- Develop and execute projects to growth Handy in new geographies and service offerings
- Drive changes in process, policy, and product to ensure high satisfaction for all users
- Test hypothesis quickly! Conduct data analysis, market research, and user research to identify opportunities.
- Work closely with external Partners to understand requirements
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to automate processes and add features
What we're looking for
- 6-10 years of professional experience with evidence of increasing responsibility including creating processes for complex operations, and managing people
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus in an analytical field
- Prior small company or start-up experience required. Experience with marketplaces or past consulting experience is a plus
- Exceptional quantitative skills and aptitude. Proficiency with Excel and familiarity with databases and SQL
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail. Will require the ability to create documents and present information to Senior Leadership at Handy and with Partners
- Ability to dig deep into processes and identify areas for improvement
- Creative problem-solver with excitement to work on cross-functional teams and projects
- A passion for marketplaces, the sharing economy, and/or the on-demand services space