Handy is changing the way the world buys services by connecting customers with vetted, independent, local service professionals in a fast, convenient and reliable way - at the tap of a button. Started in 2012 by Oisin Hanrahan & Umang Dua, Handy has scaled to offer cleaning, installation, and assembly services across the entire US and has processed over 3 million transactions. We’re thrilled to announce Handy is now a part of ANGI Homeservices (Nasdaq: ANGI), the world’s largest home services marketplace, including brands like HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List. While this is a big milestone for us, we believe this is just another step in Handy’s journey, and we’re excited to join ANGI Homeservices to bring the Handy experience to millions of more customers.
About The Role
We are looking for a top-notch sales manager to grow our sales team and drive customer conversion. We are looking for a natural leader with the ability to evaluate KPIs and train & motivate a team of sales representatives to exceed targets.
- Manage a sales team: You will manage a phone sales team at an external call center and drive net revenue from the team to specific targets. You will answer agent questions, hire, onboard and train new agents, change operations and processes based on changing initiatives, and handle escalated complaints.
- Coach the sales team members: You will provide feedback and improvement plans, and actively performance manage sales agents. You will create and deliver training materials and instill sales best practices into the agents.
- Create and own reporting: You will be responsible for daily monitoring of KPIs to manage performance, identify areas of opportunity and form insights to share with the Director of Sales Operations.
- Onboard new initiatives: You will liaise with PMs and/or Business Leads to create training materials, coupons, UTMs and other tracking mechanisms, reporting templates, and scripts for new initiatives. You will deliver training materials to relevant agents and aid in the maintaining of reporting.
What we're looking for
- 3+ years managing a phone sales team
- Direct-to-consumer sales experience
- An understanding of sales methodologies, sales funnel management and booking processes
- Ability to lead and motivate a high-performance team
- Willingness to get hands dirty and do whatever it takes to ensure success
- Willingness to adapt to a fast-paced work environment; hack, test and learn mentality; team player
- Willingness to live near the chosen remote call center, and travel to NYC HQ 20% of the time
Nice to have
- Experience selling a subscription service
- First-hand experience as an inside sales representative
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and incentive pay commensurate with experience and performance
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Monthly Handy credits
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Ground floor opportunity with the sales team
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world