Handy is changing the way the world buys services by connecting customers with vetted, independent, local service professionals in a fast, convenient and reliable way - at the tap of a button. Started in 2012 by Oisin Hanrahan & Umang Dua, Handy has scaled to offer cleaning, installation, and assembly services across the entire US and has processed over 3 million transactions. We’re thrilled to announce Handy is now a part of ANGI Homeservices (Nasdaq: ANGI), the world’s largest home services marketplace, including brands like HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List. While this is a big milestone for us, we believe this is just another step in Handy’s journey, and we’re excited to join ANGI Homeservices to bring the Handy experience to millions of more customers.
About The Role
This is a unique opportunity to expand Handy’s nascent sales team to a full-fledged vertical within the organization. You will grow our current inbound and outbound phone sales operations, as well as explore new agent-based channels for lead conversion. You will own the sales function and assume full ownership of sales strategy and operations.
- Own the channel: You will own the strategy and P&L for the sales channel, with specific net revenue and ROI targets.
- Expand the current sales function: Your initial directive at Handy will be to improve upon the current sales processes. You will dissect each part of the current operations to propose and implement improvements using a data-driven approach. You will build a team to directly manage sales representatives and be the business leader of the sales team.
- Manage internal levers to drive incremental conversion: You will evaluate and interpret sales data to identify trends and opportunities. You will turn these insights into actionable sales processes and tactics.
- Drive new initiatives: You will identify, scope and drive critical projects and new initiatives through the sales channels. You will spearhead the implementation and testing of new campaigns.
- Work with internal and external partners: You will work across legal, customer experience, engineering, product, operations, marketing and finance to ensure that all invested parties are aligned with the sales team’s goals and operations. You will own the relationships with all outside vendors that support the sales team.
- Develop and own reporting: You will be responsible for planning, forecasting, KPI management and staffing.
What we're looking for
- 8+ years of professional experience, which should include a mix of sales operations and sales management
- An understanding of sales methodologies, sales funnel management, and booking processes
- Experience managing a high-performance team
- Ability to drive initiatives forward and work cross-functionally
- Analytical and ambitious people, with a desire to learn and grow rapidly
- Structured thinkers, with strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- Willingness to get hands dirty and do whatever it takes to ensure success
- Willingness to adapt to a fast-paced work environment; hack, test and learn mentality; team player
- Willingness to travel 20% of the time
Nice to have
- Direct-to-consumer sales experience
- Experience selling a subscription service
- MBA from a top business school (not a requirement so apply if you think you’re a good fit even if you didn’t go to b-school)
- Professional experience in an analytical field such as management consulting, finance or another tech company
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity commensurate with experience and performance
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Monthly Handy credits
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- A fun office in the heart the Flatiron district, always stocked with coffee, snacks and drinks; catered lunch and dinner, foosball, office events and team outings
- Ground floor opportunity with the team
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world