Handy is changing the way the world buys services by connecting customers with vetted, independent, local service professionals in a fast, convenient and reliable way - at the tap of a button. Started in 2012 by Oisin Hanrahan & Umang Dua, Handy has scaled to offer cleaning, installation, and assembly services across the entire US and has processed over 3 million transactions. We’re thrilled to announce Handy is now a part of ANGI Homeservices (Nasdaq: ANGI), the world’s largest home services marketplace including brands like HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List. While this is a big milestone for us, we believe this is just another step in Handy’s journey, and we’re excited to join ANGI Homeservices to bring the Handy experience to millions of more customers.
Note: This is a remote position, so living in the exact city specified in the job posting is not required. Please feel free to apply if you live within nearby cities.
About the role
Handy is seeking an Retail Relationship Manager to drive in-store education and merchandising compliance across some of our largest retail partnerships. In this role, you will build strong relationships with store management and own merchandising projects to support growth of Handy service offerings within an assigned territory.
You will be responsible for building and nurturing in-person relationships with store management, driving increases in store sales through merchandising excellence, and leading in-store education programs. You will be responsible for identifying gaps and opportunities in our merchandising strategy, and work closely with internal counterparts (across Operations, Product, Sales, and Marketing) to solve challenging problems.
As an Retail Relationship Manager, you will be a key member of Handy’s Partnerships team, responsible for developing and executing an Partnerships strategy that advances Handy’s mission “to seamlessly deliver every service to every home.”
What you'll do
- Cultivate a network of influential contacts at all levels of internal and external management of our retail partners to achieve sales objectives within assigned territory
- Travel 4-5 days a week to our retail partnership stores within an assigned territory to build rapport through daily communication with store associates and store management
- Educate customers and store personnel on the features and benefits of Handy services
- Ensure merchandising and execution at all stores with required quality and accuracy, to maintain Handy’s aesthetics and consistently deliver above average execution compliance
- Communicate with the Associate Director, Partnerships on a daily basis as to all activities accomplished, as well as any sales or operational opportunities and make aware of success or potential barriers reporting specific requests, needs, and sales opportunities
- Submit written reports of daily and weekly activities, expenses, market competition activity, and account changes according to Handy’s internal processes
- Maintain Handy and retailer confidentiality
What we're looking for
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
- Must have a valid US state issued driver’s license
- Must reside within specified territory boundaries
- Must be able to drive long distances to make multiple in-person sales calls on a daily basis
- Experience building/managing client relationships
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and overnight stays, as required by the territory
- Must be able to use tablet technology; will require an intermediate level of computer skills with the Microsoft Office products
- Must have daily access to wireless internet
- Must have flexibility and adaptability to changes in territory coverage