Handy is on a mission to change the way the world purchases home services. We operate in all major US cities and several locations in Canada and Europe, but we are just getting started. At the heart of our mission is a resilient platform built on a sound technical foundation. We are looking for strong technical leaders to join us in our mission.
At Handy, we form small (around five engineers), high-impact teams and empower them to iterate rapidly. You’ll lead and mentor one of these teams. You will be collaborating with the product development, business operations, and customer experience teams everyday, and you’ll make a tremendous impact on both tactical and strategic direction of our platform and products.
What you will do:
- Lead, mentor, and develop a world-class engineering team
- Influence and empower the team to ensure they do the right thing
- Play a key role in the architectural and design decisions your team makes and be able to articulate the impact of those decisions to the rest of the Handy team
- Be a hands-on contributor to the team and lead by example
- Be responsible for operating what you and your team built in production
- Contribute to code and design reviews, evangelize best engineering practices, and lead Handy Lunch & Learn sessions
- Ensure our customers and professionals continue enjoying the best possible experience
Who you are:
- Strong software engineer with at least 5+ years of hands-on development experience
- Well-versed in at least one OO language: Ruby, Python, Java, etc.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
- At least spent a year leading and mentoring a small team of engineers
- Ability to work with and effectively communicate across multiple technical and non-technical teams
- Willingness to learn and apply new skills and technologies
- Experience working at a growth-stage startup is a plus
Our mission is to change the way the world purchases home services. Since all work and no play makes for a dull office, we’re committed to creating an environment that’s as fun as it is productive. That means we fill our days with food, surprises, brain-stimulating activities, seriously competitive foosball, and so much more. As a member of the team at Handy, you can look forward to all of that every single day, and tons of other special events and outings sprinkled throughout the weeks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.