- Prepares food to be served within the outlet according to the standards set forth based on proper presentation methods and service standards. They prepare meals based on established specific recipes and number of guests being served.
- Responsible for ensuring all food standards.
- Estimate food consumption; then requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage.
- Portion, arrange and garnish food as well as assist expo in the expediting of orders.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, fryers and roasters.
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Wash, peel, cut and de-seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Weigh, measure and mix ingredients according to spec recipes using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Assist all fellow co-workers as needed.
- Grill, deep fry, bake broil and microwave raw and prepped foods.
- Measure and assemble ingredients and cook all items according to specific recipe and menu guidelines.
- Maintain cooking line in clean, sanitary and safe manner.
- Stock/restock items on line according to specifications.
- Wash and clean raw food products.
- Peeling, dicing, shredding and slicing food products using electric equipment.
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Maintain personal health and sanitation standards (wash hands after using the restroom, etc.)
- Review work procedures and operational problems in order to determine ways to improve service, performance and/or safety.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: NOTE: These include, but are not limited to the following (additional responsibilities may be assigned as necessary):
- Be observant to any and all safety concerns surrounding your work area.
- Ability to answer the phones in a professional manner as trained.
- Following all health standards and guidelines established.
- All side stations are well maintained and stocked through your entire shift.
- Cleaning of all spills that may occur during your shift.
- Aware of any and all potentially hazardous conditions.
- Superior attendance and punctuality.
- Always wear a safety belt when lifting objects over 20 lbs.
- Always wear slip resistant shoes.
- Provide information to supervisors/managers
- Reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, carries and pushes.
- Lifts and carries supplies, and cases, weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Essential hand/eye coordination.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior restaurant/bar work environment.
- Noise level is moderate to high.
- Limited exposure to physical risk.
- Moderate physical effort required
***Please come in Monday-Thursday between 2-4 to fill out an application in the store****