Halon Entertainment is a premier visualization company with credits on some of Hollywood’s most celebrated films. We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Pipeline TD for exciting, high profile feature film, television, commercial, and video game cinematic projects.
About the Role
This position works with the CTO and is responsible for crafting tools, techniques and procedures to aid the execution of projects and advance the capabilities of the facility. Each project presents new challenges; therefore you will be tasked with addressing production obstacles by creating new software tools and techniques to accomplish the projects vision.
The Pipeline TD/Systems Administrator will be an excellent problem solver with strong and varying technical knowledge and a solid understanding of the VFX production pipeline.
Our studio is primarily Windows environment, using Maya, Unreal, Nuke, Deadline and Shotgun amongst many other tools.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with Supervisors and the creative team
- Familiarity with version control systems: Git, SVN, P4
- Designing, installing, configuring and testing computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Integrate off the shelf and custom applications into an efficient production pipeline
- Experience with Monitoring & logging tools and, maintaining computer systems and networks
- Develop new programmatic solutions to visual effects processes
- Create technical and end user documentation for assets, tools, technicques and workflows
- Administering servers and network services AD, DNS, DHCP, SMB, NFS;
- Maintaining backups of key computer systems;
- Administering network switches, network storage and associated tape backup, virtual server infrastructure, email technologies, firewall.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- Replacing or upgrading computer parts as required;
- Providing user support, procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications and updates; Experience with configuring Managers such as Ansible, Puppet and Chef Software.
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time;
- Researching, testing and evaluating new technology or business processes.
- Educate and involve crew in pipeline tool use
- Support artists during shot production
- Work closely with Artists to troubleshoot and fix problems arising in the course of production
- Work to maintain and support the company's Autodesk, Adobe and tools
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years industry experience in Supervising Technical Director role
- Engineering level knowledge of standard VFX applications (Shotgun, Maya, Unreal and Nuke)
- Experience rendering with Deadline
- Knowledge of scripting in Python, PyQt, C/C++
- Able to multitask and manage time efficiently
- Able to take direction, collaborate and be a team player
- Good problem solving skills is a must.
- Experience in designing and creating systems, tools and assets for projects
- Extensive production and technical knowledge
- Outcome driven and highly efficient
- Ability to operate autonomously as well as part of a team
- Detailed understanding of the production process and equipment
Being a member of Halon Entertainment entitles you to participation in our health care plan (with employer contributions), dental and vision coverage, life insurance, vacation and sick pay, craft services (snacks, beverages, food), support of continuing education and training (Studio Arts classes, online training, industry partner events), and career growth opportunities. We are proud of our culture. We believe in treating people with respect and supporting their artistic and professional goals. In addition to working with some of the most talented people on big budget, feature films and AAA games.
Halon Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Halon Entertainment participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. All documents provided for proof of work authorization must be current and unexpired. We cannot accept expired proof of identity.
IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Halon is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS and/or the SSA before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.