Hack Reactor is a program for gifted students of software engineering. In three months, we transform ambitious amateurs to coding professionals.
Employees enjoy a fun, collegial startup environment genuinely committed to employee health and wellness, and filled with talented, hard-working and fun people. You will be surrounded by friendly, brilliant, and mission-driven professionals who work hard to provide the best student experience of its kind in the world.
Hack Reactor is looking for a highly personable networker with an entrepreneurial drive to own local customer development for an entire campus.
As Hack Reactor’s biggest ambassador, you should be passionate about our mission, sales, partnership development, community management and running great events.
This role is responsible for: (i) nurturing and converting prospective students daily, (ii) developing Hack Reactor presence at local events and the local meetup space, and (iii) facilitating the end-to-end admissions administration process.
Nurturing and converting prospective students
- Conduct phone calls, in-person meetings and email with prospective students; helping them understand our story, our positioning and supporting their admissions / purchase journey
- Run tours and events that give students the best possible impression of our brand
- Be the initial contact and friendly face for applicants
Developing our presence at local events and the local meetup space
- Deeply understands the customer and develops events that are compelling and well-attended
- Creatively reach out to, develop relationships and set up local partnerships with relevant organizations, groups and individuals to bolster Hack Reactor’s local visibility
- Establish weekly events that put Hack Reactor out in the community
- Grow Hack Reactor supported meetups and manage the community to ensure our meetup group is strongly engaged with us
Facilitating the end-to-end admissions administration process
- Handle administrative tasks related to the admissions and enrollment process
- Support the Director of Admissions in identifying how to improve the admissions process
- Comfortable with a startup environment where they can be constant changes, new initiatives and need to support each other
- Able to work some evenings and weekends (at least two evenings a week and two weekend days a month)
- Results driven - you will be measured by your direct contribution to lead generation and improvement of funnel conversion metrics
- Exceptional written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized, analytical and persistent lead management - can prioritize and manage a high number of leads. Methodical, disciplined and highly reliable. Maintains excellent, detailed call notes and clean sales recordkeeping.
- Highly personable; able to build great rapport and relationships by phone, email and in-person
- Skilled in consultative sales - effectively uses questions and good conversation to uncover key insights during calls or meetings including what the customer cares about. Deeply understands our product as well as the competition and is able to pitch our strengths in a compelling way. Tactfully drives conversation to achieve key objectives
- Creative dealmaker and problem-solver - given a certain goal, situation or blocker, can come up with effective ideas on how to move the relationship forward.
- Successful event manager and event marketer - Track record organizing, promoting and running well-attended, highly-reviewed events
- Excellent community manager - Enjoys and succeeds in managing a meetup group. Able to come up with strategies to keep the group engaged and growing
- An incredible brand ambassador - someone we would be proud to have as a face and representative of Hack Reactor
Applicants must be located within commute distance to San Francisco
Benefits & Perks
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Unlimited Vacation (PTO)
- 401k options
- Weekly team lunches
- Inspiring workplace and motivated colleagues