Hack Reactor is a program for gifted students of software engineering. In three months, we transform ambitious amateurs to coding professionals.
Employees enjoy a fun, collegial startup environment genuinely committed to employee health and wellness, and filled with talented, hard-working and fun people. You will be surrounded by friendly, brilliant, and mission-driven professionals who work hard to provide the best student experience of its kind in the world.
The Enterprise Instructor (Full-Time, remote) manages a classroom to present and administer finished curricula to fulfill the objectives of the Hack Reactor Enterprise Training department. The types of instruction delivered fall into one of three categories:
Deliver new skills identified by our clients to their existing professional computer programmers with the goal of expanding the capabilities of their in-house software development teams.
Train existing business professionals currently employed by our clients to become computer programmers and leverage their existing industry knowledge as newly-minted IT professionals.
Train our clients’ newly-hired computer programmers in their company-specific technologies and development practices.
The Instructor (Full-Time) will play an integral role in the latter portions of instructional design, to include:
- Collaborate with Instructional Designers to develop and select instructional materials;
- Conduct formative evaluation of curricula designed by others;
- Collaborate with Instructional Designers to revise curricula based on feedback from classroom experience; and,
- Work with an Enterprise Training Consultant to design, develop, and administer summative assessments.
During the delivery of curricula, the Instructor (Full-Time) has the following responsibilities:
- Have an intimate working knowledge of the curriculum being delivered.
- Deliver slide-based presentations on focused topics to augment the students’ knowledge while performing upcoming activities.
- Perform live coding sessions to demonstrate software concepts, tools, and frameworks.
- Assist students in debugging and diagnosing problems in their project code.
- Enforce the Hack Reactor Code of Conduct in the classroom.
- Interact with client managers, learning professionals, and executives while on-site.
- On engagements that last longer than three days, actively elicit feedback from students to help refine the pedagogy of the course and deliver curriculum feedback to the Corporate Training Lead Instructor.
The Instructor (Full-Time) will also fulfill the common duties of every employee in the Enterprise Training department. These include:
- Attend the Enterprise Training daily stand-up status meeting (unless it conflicts with the delivery of an engagement)
- Maintain inavailability on the Enterprise Training Engagement Calendar.
This role reports to the Enterprise Training Lead Instructor. This position may require travel of up to 220 calendar days per year.
The Instructor (Full-Time) should have the following qualifications.
- At least five (5) years as a software developer working at companies with more than 100 employees in non-software industries.
- At least two (2) years as a participant in the full software development life cycle of a Web-based application.
- At least one (1) year of professional software developer experience in a modern compiled language such as C++, Java, C#, or Go.
- Quantifiable knowledge of modern Web programming practices.
- Provable abilities to explain computer science concepts and demonstrate software programming skills in front of a group of students
- Possession of excellent presentation, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Verifiable knowledge of object-oriented software design patterns and the SOLID principles.
- Familiarity with branching and merging using the Git revision control system.
- Proven ability to manage several simultaneous projects.
- Demonstrable touch-typing skills.
A favorable candidate for Instructor (Full-Time) will possess one or more of the following qualifications.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science
- Experience in adult education
- Experience in applying the Dick and Carey Systems Approach Model
- Knowledge of enterprise software design patterns
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 75% paid medical, dental & vision insurance for employees; 50% paid for employee dependents
- Industry-leading maternity & paternity leave policies
- Flexible paid time off
- 401(k) vesting after 120 days of employment
- Gym reimbursement - we pay you to work out and maintain an active lifestyle
- Tuition discount on Hack Reactor programs
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
Hack Reactor, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.