H3O Labs is looking for an IT Strategist who will work to support a Federal program in Springfield, VA. This role requires an active (or previously held) CBP or DHS Clearance. In this role you will be responsible for the creation and implementation of business processes, workflow, technology solutions and technology frameworks for the client. In this role you will collaborate with members of the Information Technology and Innovation and Technology teams on emerging technology products and processes to support the overall client mission and its long-term strategic business initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Configure business rules and requirements for improvements or new additions to the current system
- Provide guidance to end users
- Plan meetings to source innovative ideas and provide facilitation support
- Draft meeting minutes, track action items from meetings and support sprint preparation
- Research for process improvements and emerging technology opportunities, develop and manage initiatives for process improvement
- Prepare and maintain all process documents
- Support the development of technical solutions based on approved DHS enterprise architecture framework and technologies
- Communicate with OIT client in order to interpret requirements for IT groups
- Coordinate with development teams to develop functional designs that satisfy OIT requirements
- Work with team to implement and ensure adherence to policies and procedures
- Streamline and improve workflow processes and frameworks, including a mechanism to socialize, coordinate and vet ideas and programs
- Analyze and develop plans to improve the quality of deliverables and processes
- Maintain system and data integrity, and prepare and present reports to managers and clients
- 3-5 years of relevant experience and a proven record of accomplishment of delivering results for clients.
- Bachelor's Degree required College degree (Computer Science or related subject area preferred)
- Active (or previously held) CBP or DHS Security Clearance
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills - This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. This person will also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification and influencing teams
- Must be able to take high-level direction and work independently, with the ability to work cross-functionally and be influential
- Very strong writing skills (which includes the whole gamut from meeting minutes to technical writing including issue papers, charters, comms, knowledge articles, outreach emails, etc.)
- Strong Powerpoint presentation and communications skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Comfortable facilitating or has prior facilitation skills
- Prior requirements gathering experience
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and drive projects forward
- Due to the nature of the government contract, US Citizenship is required. Must also be able to obtain an agency specific clearance
- ***During Virginia's Shelter In Place Order, all work will be done remotely. Once the order is lifted work must be performed 100% on client site in Springfield, VA (with occasional meetings at other client locations in the DC Metro area)
Any coding (Javacript), data analysis experience is a plus but not required
**No third party or staffing agencies please.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
All H3O offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
H3O Labs will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with H3O Labs legal duty to furnish information.