H3O Labs is looking for an Elastic (ELK) Stack Developer who is passionate about new technologies. In this role you will participate in defining overall web application architecture while maintaining quality and ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to plan, design, develop, test, maintain and launch web applications.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Develop and grow relationships with the business users to understand issues and create viable solutions to these issues while utilizing a strong business acumen
- Communicate regularly and effectively with stakeholders regarding status of all projects
- Under limited supervision; research, implement and evaluate new technology solutions to resolve business issues or to improve existing processes
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Implement back-end supporting systems (i.e. REST endpoints) in Node.js
- Build databases to include PostgreSQL and query systems as well as NoSQL data stores (e.g. ELK stacks)
- Address bug fixes for currently deployed software and perform integration and testing as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years experience in front end development best practices, including performance, accessibility, responsive web design, progressive enhancement, and Test Driven Development
- Experience with the Elastic Stack (ELK) - Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana
- Experience writing reusable, testable, efficient and scalable code
- Experience working with user experience designers
- Strong experience in implementing web applications, support services, and customer requirements
- Experience with database integration and data management
- Working knowledge of semantic web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS and CSS frameworks like Foundation or Bootstrap
- Proficiency with build tools like npm, Grunt, Gulp, and Bower
- Experience with Version Control ie: Git, SubVersion, etc.
- Experience with moving data between systems via database migrations
- Experience with virtualization using VMWare and AWS
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Experience with creating repeatable automated processes for building, testing, documenting and deploying applications at scale.
- Experienced with writing support documentation for developed applications
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Function well in a fast-paced environment.
- This role requires work on site in McLean VA with the ability to attend client meetings in the greater DC Metro area
- Must be flexible to occasionally work additional hours if needed during customer deployments/implementations
- Due to the nature of this work, US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Greencard status is required
**No 3rd Party or Staffing Agencies Please**
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
All H3O offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
H3O Labs will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with H3O Labs legal duty to furnish information.