H3O Labs is looking for a Python Developer who will design, develop, and implement applications using general languages and technologies (Java, Python) to support business requirements. This is a high profile role where you will contribute innovative solutions that enhance Information Assurance programs.
- Build and deployment of applications, with focus on building features quickly using automated processes
- Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met
- Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
- Respond to support calls for applications in production
- Research software concepts, develop and demo proof of concept
- Work with the team members to understand the current product features
- Develop automated unit/integration tests
- Participate in code reviews
- Hands on experience designing, developing and deploying projects from end-to-end
- Strong object-oriented programming experience and experience with developing RESTful APIs
- Ability to capture and translate business requirements to functional requirements
- Experience with pulling data from AWS Cloud, Azure Cloud, or Cloud implementations and environments
- Demonstrated experience writing technical documentation to support code deployment guides
- Experience with version control systems such as Git, Jenkins and Maven
- Experience in unit testing, debugging and troubleshooting issues on developed code
- Experience in secure coding practices
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as this position will interact with peers and customers
- All candidates must be local to the DC Metro area. Work will take place at our Headquarters in McLean VA (**temporary remote work due to Covid-19)
- Candidates must be either US Citizens or Perm Resident Greencard holders. This role is not able to provide sponsorship.
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Building web applications with Python ORM frameworks
- Using message-queuing software (RabbitMQ/Kafka)
- Experience with software automation for testing and deployment
- Familiar with MS SQL, NoSQL DB, JSON
- Familiar with tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack
- BS in Computer Science or related field
**NO STAFFING AGENCIES OR 3rd PARTY VENDORS**
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
All H3O offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
H3O Labs will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with H3O Labs legal duty to furnish information.