Do you thrive in an environment that is based on innovation, communication, and collaboration? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit that prides yourself on your ability to be a self-starter and self-sufficient? If so, this could be the perfect career move for you!
Gurnet is seeking a Certified Scrum Master that will apply their expertise and experience to the delivery of a complex Salesforce.com Sales and Service initiative. This role will require you to rely on your problem-solving, verbal and written communication, relationship building, as well as your leadership and team-building skills. You will be using your Scrum Master experience to guide, coach, and scale diverse and dynamic teams while working directly with senior leadership at various Gurnet Consulting work sites.
This is a full time consulting position with Gurnet Consulting. For the last 12 years, we have been helping companies achieve their technology initiatives across various industries. With our deep understanding of Digital Strategy Development, Management, and Agile execution, we have become the region’s largest and most respected organizations.
We do this with impressive customer satisfaction ratings. We are excited to be adding additional consultants to our growing firm. If you are an experienced Certified Scrum Master and want to join a leading consulting firm, we want to want to hear from you!
- Understands Agile values and principles and can guide and coach teams, and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices
- Guide and coach delivery teams to self-organize and achieve objectives, without assigning or dictating the work.
- Provide support to the Product Owner and Development Team, and lead by example. This person should personify Scrum and Agile
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised and resolved.
- Work with Product Owner and Development Team to facilitate effective sprints by removing impediments and ensuring that stories are ‘sprint ready’
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and information radiation.
- Support the Product Owner, especially with respect to story grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks using Agile best practices and project data
- Arrange daily stand-ups, facilitate story grooming, coordinate sprint demos, planning and retrospectives
- 3-5 years of Scrum Master experience for software delivery teams and CSM certification
- 8+ years of experience in a functional role associated with an information technology system development lifecycle (e.g. Project Management, Analysis, Design, Development, Quality Assurance, etc.)
- Good skills and knowledge of facilitation techniques, servant leadership, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Experience with Agile PLM tools like JIRA, Rally, VersionOne, etc.
- Understands backlog tracking, Scrum and Kanban-based metrics, task definition, story splitting.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Experience in sprint & release planning, running demos and retrospectives
- Demonstrate sound judgment and strong reasoning skills as well as good analytical and problem-solving abilities
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus):
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (diverse team sizes, organizations, cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.