Are you passionate about Atlassian tools administration? We are looking for an experienced Jira / Confluence administrator to join our fast-growing Atlassian Practice. As Atlassian Tools administrator you will be responsible for building out workflows, projects, schemas and issue schemes that utilize Atlassian best practices to meet business and stakeholder needs. The ideal candidate will have managed Atlassian Tools, and will offer recommendations on optimizing and securing workflows and permissions to allow for disparate teams to use Jira and Confluence in a manner that best suits their team.
- Configuration and maintenance of Jira, bitbucket, Confluence and other Atlassian Tools
- Create and manage Jira components including project workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes and notification schemes in Jira
- Support and troubleshoot Jira and Confluence
- Create, manage, and support all administrative functions associated with the Atlassian product suite
- Evaluate and manage the usage of Atlassian add-ons to meet team and business needs
- Create comprehensive JIRA workflows (with conditions, validators, and post functions), screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes
- Design & Manage complex Jira/Confluence queries, dashboards for operational/performance reporting metrics and reports based on departmental needs Understand system architecture of upstream and downstream impacts when implementing solutions
- Develop, test, and deploy integrations between Atlassian products and other internal systems
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Atlassian products, administration best practices, and agile methodology best practices
- Participate in the process for choosing external Atlassian partner
- Conduct user-training and help-sessions for new features or implementations
- Basic JQL Administration and query writing tasks
- Migrating people/projects from other tools to JIRA/Confluence
- Create and provide administration support for Confluence spaces
- Manage accounts and groups for Confluence and JIRA projects
- Support Confluence Space creation and basic configuration including Space administration including permissions
- Audit accounts disabling those no longer in use
- Monitor Confluence for operation, content, and security
- Understand policies that apply to Confluence, JIRA and Github, disseminating them and participating in the creation/update of new policies
- Coordinate testing new macros with users and application administrators
- Coordinate with users for testing product updates before and after production release
- Coordinate with users on simple JIRA project set up schemes and customizations
- Support JIRA in creating more complex schemes and customizations
- Manage a Jira Service Desk for Confluence and JIRA service requests
- Act as the first point of contact for tickets for Confluence, JIRA and Github
- Self-train on Confluence, JIRA and Github
Act as point of contact for onboarding new users and teams, and answering frequently asked questions. Manage associations (accounts) and answer frequently asked questions for Github (not Git)
Requirements - Mandatory:
- Must have strong knowledge and hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting of Atlassian suite of products especially JIRA, Confluence.
- Experience with Github.
- Minimum 3-5 years supporting Atlassian products with expert experience in
- troubleshooting issues in JIRA / Confluence tools
- Optimizing designs in creating issues with conditions, validations and post functions
- Demonstrated outstanding analytical, teaming and interpersonal skills Troubleshooting issues-effectively respond to users requests
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Integration knowledge a plus
- Experience coordinating a dynamic environment managing coordination throughout all areas of responsibility.
- BS Degree
- Atlassian certifications a plus
- 3+ years of system administration experience in Linux environments and proficient in tasks such as shell scripting, creating cron jobs, analyzing log files, managing user accounts and groups, configuring iptables, and setting up mail services.
- Proven ability to multi-task.
- Independent, self-starter.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written correspondence) in a professional and courteous manner with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Familiarity with web-based technologies, including but not limited to, reverse proxy servers, SSL certificate configuration, three-tier architecture, and service-oriented architecture, enterprise service bus, http, and differences between browsers.