Gurnet Consulting has an immediate need for an exceptional Junior Project Manager.
Provides day-to-day support of projects through the project methodology lifecycle by performing research and analysis of projects to make sure they are supporting their goals and objectives. Gathers critical data to support and assist the project team with the project set up, tracking and reporting. Provides training, and continuous process improvement of the project methodology.
Job Responsibilities And Accountabilities
- Effectively applies project methodology and enforces project standards
- Ensures projects are set up once project approval has been granted
- Creates, manages and distributes project reports.
- Completes project gate reviews
- Evaluates and monitors project progress by reviewing and analyzing project status reports for completion and to proactively spot potential issues and notifies the project team when anomalies are discovered.
- Ensures required project documentation is complete and stored in accordance with company guidelines
- Creates and provides training to Project Managers and Functional Leads on processes, project methodology, and tools
- Reviews, maintains and updates process documentation
- Develops and maintains reporting
- Performs regular project analysis.
Performs other relevant job duties as required.
Education/ Certifications: (Required & Preferred)
- Associate degree (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related field (Preferred)
- 1-3yrs experience in project coordination, project management, event planning or another related field
- 1-3yrs experience with waterfall and iterative project delivery methodologies
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Project Management software such as Microsoft Project
- Basic knowledge of SharePoint
Other Skills/ Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and adaptable to learning and understanding new technologies
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Ability to manage competing priorities
Why would you love to work at Gurnet?
- Expand Your Portfolio-You will have the opportunity to work in various industries, for example, Finance, Banking, Healthcare, Retail, Insurance, Hospitality, Manufacturing, and Government.
- Opportunity To Grow-We are constantly looking to be the best, so your experience, skill and collaboration is imperative. It is important we are nurturing an environment where our employees are empowered to bring new, fresh, innovative ideas - in turn Gurnet will flourish!
- Competitive Benefits-Gurnet is competitive with salary, offers fringe benefits that match our competitors, opportunity to earn more when exceeding normal billable hours along with cell and travel reimbursement.