In this role, you will be leading and managing multiple business accounting and systems related projects that are diverse in size and scope. The primary function of this position is to apply your expertise and experience leading projects that have had a large change management component to ensure the realization of our clients' goals and objectives.
The importance of flexibility and patience to lead diverse and dynamic teams is imperative. You will be expected to use your various skills including but not limited to problem-solving, verbal and written communication, excellent relationship building, as well as strong leadership and team management skills. This position will work directly with senior and executive level positions at a Gurnet client site.
As Project Manager you will:
- Manage business accounting and technical projects through agile, iterative process, and/or waterfall processes.
- Understand the client’s strategic direction and apply it to the project team to drive specific outcomes and real business benefits.
- Create, execute and proactively manage project plans adapted to the client environment.
- Facilitate organizational buy-in and consensus on project outcomes through interaction with multiple stakeholder groups, such as business functions, IT, operations.
- Proactively manage risk and issues, and influence others
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate and address concerns
- Drive execution to see a return on investment.
- Facilitate strong communication between internal and external resources
Required Education, Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-8 years equivalent combination of education and relevant project management work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience leading accounting business systems projects in a formal delivery methodology.
- 1-3 years of client management experience with accountability for client relationships.
- Have an understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and comfortability with accounting processes and vernacular.
- Have proven track record of leading projects to success, by every measure.
- Strong logical and analytical problem-solving skills; rigorous approach to project management to deliver enterprise-level projects.
- Experience creating, managing, executing and reporting on project plans.
- Experience managing large complex projects across multiple functions.
- Experience with distributed, enterprise solutions.
- Ability to lead and manage 5 or more professionals.
- Ability to manage teams with multiple discipline representation (especially business process, technology, and change management).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate data, context, and implications effectively to senior management, stakeholders and cross-functional teams. May be asked to provide professional writing skills examples.
- Must be a self-starter who is resourceful, proactive and assertive, that thrives in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Formal training and certification in structured project management and delivery methods (example: PMBOK, Agile / SCRUM, PRINCE2, COBIT, Kaizen, Lean RUP, CMM or proprietary).
- Highly competent with Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project, or other project planning tools.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- Experience leading and delivering accounting system projects.
- Experience in IT industry.
- Experience consulting services industry.
- PMI and or Scrum Alliance Certification.