At Guideline, we’re helping Americans save for a better future. Guideline is the only 401(k) provider with a fee-free, full-stack 401(k) offering that automates plan administration and compliance with a platform that directly integrates with many of the most popular payroll providers.
By building transparent and first-of-its-kind software, the Guideline team is combatting what’s unfortunately become the retirement industry status quo -- legacy providers have put profit over the interests of employees, abandoning the goal of the programs in the first place: to give employees the opportunity to save as much as possible for retirement.
With over 2,000 clients and hundreds of millions of dollars in assets under management, in just a couple years of operations, we’re well on our way to making smart retirement planning easy for everyone.
Guideline is seeking an experienced marketer to build and lead our marketing strategy team. This role, which reports directly to Guideline’s COO, will establish the marketing department, conceptualizing the framework and team structure of: brand development and strategy, integrated lifecycle, performance, and channel marketing, content, public relations, and advertising. While strategy will be a large part of this role, so will execution. We’re looking for a leader who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty.
- Recruit and lead a diverse team of marketers, establishing the most efficient processes to learn fast and deliver predictable results.
- Create and maintain Guideline’s brand voice, tone, and direction (retirement planning can seem boring; it doesn’t have to be).
- Develop and execute comprehensive brand strategy and integrated marketing campaigns that are differentiated, increase reach, and power revenue growth. This includes all online and offline marketing efforts.
- Establish and lead lifecycle marketing strategy to ensure the right message, at the right time, is being delivered to prospective and existing clients.
- Establish and lead an integrated, multi-channel marketing program that works cross-functionally to ensure we’re tackling acquisition consistently and cohesively across the organization.
- Partner with client-facing teams (sales, customer success, etc.) to ensure marketing strategy is aligned with other acquisition and retention-oriented initiatives.
- Conceptualize and partner with appropriate teams to launch and maintain a robust content program (blog, email, social) that leverages Guideline’s vast industry thought leadership to differentiate.
- Own marketing dollars allocated and measurement of qualitative and quantitative targets.
- Partner with Guideline’s public relations team to ensure our story is being told in a way that maps to strategic objectives.
- 4-8+ years of relevant experience in a marketing leadership position; experience in benefits and/or FinTech a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering revenue-based results, balancing a data-driven marketing approach with knowledge of how to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Experience in both setting strategy in addition to leading its execution.
- Experience successfully executing integrated marketing campaigns at scale.
- Combine the creative with the analytical, bringing campaigns to life and rigorously analyzing performance, making immediate changes as needed.
- Comfortable diving into data to find solutions to complex problems.
- Exceptional project management, communication (written and verbal)
- Experience managing a geographically distributed team.
- A passion for Guideline’s mission of making smart retirement planning easy for everyone.