Guideline strives to fix retirement programs in the U.S., starting with delivering the lowest retirement savings fees in the industry, all within well designed and user-friendly software. With your work at Guideline, you’ll empower employees to enjoy a lasting and happy retirement.
Operating as a product designer at Guideline is a compelling experience. We're reimagining systems that haven't been criticized in decades. Today's best examples are institutional and stale. Users can't develop proper mental models because the UX speaks to someone with a background in finance. What if you had the opportunity to change the way people approach their personal finance? What if you had the opportunity to rethink your own? What if company-sponsored financial benefits were actually benefits?
- You will be tasked to help, improve, and iterate on a world with a defined style guide and UI library.
- To start, you will be taking well-defined flows and translating them into high-fidelity UI. You will play a key role in defining the interactions and final product.
- Learn and understand our core user types. This means you will have to know and understand real people that use the product as well as their goals and motivations.
- Brainstorming and iterating. You will be involved in the early stages of product design and will help turn ideas into reality.
- 2+ years experience.
- A portfolio that showcases your proficiency.
- Excellent eye and visual taste. We don’t know everything, so as a designer, you will be rightfully treated as an expert for anything regarding visual composition and/or interactive products.
- A highly motivated personality. We’re looking for someone who wants to learn quickly, not be afraid of failing, and ultimately produce high-quality work.
- Confidence. You will be expected to take ownership and bring ideas to the table. Everything is easier if you believe in yourself.
- You know your way around Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite like the back of your hand.
- Experience in systems or product design
- User research experience
- Ability to write excellent copy
- Expertise with Framer
- A background in finance